Would flashcards help you if they were on your calculator?
Yes
 76%  [ 10 ]
No
 23%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 13

Lately, I have been working on a flashcard study program. Have any ideas, please post them right here.
Can you tell us more about the project? What are your goals with it? What kinds of flash cards does it allow? Does it load sets of cards from AppVars using hybrid BASIC? Does it have a way to review the cards, then to be quizzed on them, like TI's StudyCards App?
I've also been thinking of doing something similar to Anki/Memrise using the clock to schedule cards. A sort of simplified SRS system for the 83+. I'd like to hear a bit more about your project as well.
I think that if you were to use the DCSE hybrid basic libraries, you could pull off a really nice port of the Flashcard App by TI. Smile Keep in mind though that this will require a little bit more programming knowledge, but it is generally has a pretty nice implementation.
MateoConLechuga wrote:
I think that if you were to use the DCSE hybrid basic libraries, you could pull off a really nice port of the Flashcard App by TI. Smile Keep in mind though that this will require a little bit more programming knowledge, but it is generally has a pretty nice implementation.
That's a really great idea, and sounds like it would be yet another nice feather in our Cemetech cap of educational TI-84+CSE/TI-84+CE efforts to show off to Texas Instruments. I'm sure we can help guide you with the Doors CSE libraries, should you pursue this.
KermMartian wrote:
Can you tell us more about the project? What are your goals with it? What kinds of flash cards does it allow? Does it load sets of cards from AppVars using hybrid BASIC? Does it have a way to review the cards, then to be quizzed on them, like TI's StudyCards App?

So far, my only goal is to get a working flashcard program that allows you to study. I might put in a capability that allows it to quiz you. As for loading cards from AppVars..... I don't even know how to create a AppVar, or what it is. And what is hybrid BASIC?
Sorry for the necropost....... But I do have a few ideas.
1. Have each flashcard have a number(for shuffling purposes)
2. Use strings to store up to 10 flashcards each
And how do I create a appvar? What is a appvar?
This is Hybrid BASIC, especially for editing/creating programs or appvars or displaying sprites/tilemaps.
To create an appvar do this:

Code:
"rowSwap(NAME"->Str0             // Name of appvar
det(4                       // Create appvar

An appvar is a kind of program, where you can store much data, to use in real programs. You can't edit them on your calculator without Celtic 2 (I hope I say this correct).
Ok then..... How do I store to a appvar?
Well, at the website I have given you, can I read this:

Code:
InsertLine - det(2), Str0=program name, Ans=line number, Str9=contents

To use this:

Code:
"rowSwap(NAME"->Str0
det(4
"DATA YOU WANT TO WRITE IN THE APPVAR"->Str9
det(2

Notice that the first line is "1"
Would I have to put something in line 1 before I did line 2?
caleb1997 wrote:
Would I have to put something in line 1 before I did line 2?

No, then the first line is blank.
Yay! Now.... How do I keep the number of lines? If i store the number of lines to a variable(to use for the next line, which would hold a notecard), then that variable hs the potential variable to be overwritten/deleted. How can I tell how many lines there are? Is there some command like det( something) that will tell me how many lines there are in a appvar?
and by the way, when I try the above code, it gives me a "DATAT TYPE" error at det(4 . How do I fix this?
It sounds like TI OS is trying to run the det(4 command. Make sure you have Doors CSE installed, as it gives you celtic.
Directly from the site:
"If Ans (line number) equals 0, then Theta will be overwritten with the number of lines in the program being read."
Oh.... Ok then. And I will make sure that I install DCSE on my calc.
Unfortunately, I can't install DCSE on my calc without ti-connect. And I don't have my own computer yet..... While I did create a appvar in Jstified, how can I retrieve data from it?

And while I was trying out the above code, this happened..........

Any explanations???

Also posted here

And every time that I reload the page, it just stays the same. If I can't solve this problem, then this program is going to grind to a halt... at least, until I can install TI-connect on a computer that I own.
Can you take a gif of it when this happened? And you have EXACTLY that program we gave you?
I can't take a gif, unfortunately. And yes, this is the EXACT code that is above.

Code:
"rowSwap(NAME"->Str0
det(4
"DATA YOU WANT TO WRITE IN THE APPVAR"->Str9
det(2

The only difference is that the " " stuff that I am storing to Str0 is the name of the appvar. Other than that,it is the exact same.
All right then! While I do have my problem solved, I still cannot figure out how to retrieve data that I stored in the appvar. Help, please?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours