I've been hearing a lot about "Secession" and "Nullification" coming from certain states. Correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't we already fought this war?
THIS COUNTRY'S FAR TOO BIG ANYWAYS

Oh, I'm a good ol rebel,
Now thats just what I am,
And for this yankee nation,
I do not give a a.
I'm glad I fought again'er,
I only wished we won.
I aint asked any pardon for anything I've done.

I hates the yankee nation and eveything they do.
I hates the declaration of independence, too.
I hates the glorious union, tis' dripping with our blood.
I hates the striped banner, and fit it all I could

I rode with Robert E. Lee,
For three years, thereabout.
Got wounded in four places,
And I starved at point lookout.
I cotch' the Roomatism a
Campin' in the snow.
But I killed a chance of Yankees
And I'd like to kill some more.

Three hundred thousand Yankees
Is stiff in southern dust.
We got three hundred thousand
Before they conquered us
They died of Southern Fever
And southern steel and shot
I wish there were three million
Instead of what we got.
I can't pick up my musket
And fight 'um down no more
But I ain't gonna love 'um
Now that is certain sure
And I don't want no pardon
For what I was and am
I won't be reconstruted
And I do not give a a

Oh, I'm a good old rebel,
Now thats just what I am,
And for this yankee nation,
I do no give a a.
I'm glad I fought again'er,
I only wished we won.
I still have that Joker complex where a part of me wouldn't mind seeing the nation break down into the chaos of a new civil war.
Well, the movement for the 2nd Vermont Republic is still going strong.

http://www.vermontrepublic.org/about

not quite the same thing as Southern secessionism though.
DShiznit wrote:
I've been hearing a lot about "Secession" and "Nullification" coming from certain states.

No, you hear it from die-hard republicans in certain states, not the state as a whole (and certainly not from the state's leaders)

Quote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't we already fought this war?

Never pass up an opportunity to kick redneck ass.

Side note: Kerm, you really need to remove the censor that filters "bad" words to "a" - at least go back to "censored"
So this one time, the guy across the street was going to cut a tree branch down that was over his house. So he got a cherry picker, a chainsaw, and a 6 pack. I wish I'd seen how it ended.
Kllrnohj wrote:
DShiznit wrote:
I've been hearing a lot about "Secession" and "Nullification" coming from certain states.

No, you hear it from die-hard republicans in certain states, not the state as a whole (and certainly not from the state's leaders)

I recall hearing a Texan leader talk about secession, to the cheers of his audience, and I could swear I've heard Sarah Palin speak of Nullification, again to cheers of her audience, but I could be mistaken or mislead by the "evil communist liberal media".
Watch out people, you've got "cheers from the audience." TOTALLY means it's gonna happen. TODAY. Good Idea
Well no, but it does mean it's more than a few people who support the idea.
And there's also more than a few people who want Washington, DC to rejoin the British Empire. Tea and crumpets anyone?
Ok, but are they a large enough group to attract major media attention on both sides? I don't think so, but I could be wrong.
DShiznit wrote:
I recall hearing a Texan leader talk about secession, to the cheers of his audience, and I could swear I've heard Sarah Palin speak of Nullification, again to cheers of her audience, but I could be mistaken or mislead by the "evil communist liberal media".

Sarah Palin is an idiot who has been abandoned by the Republican party, hence why she was speaking at the National Tea Party Convention. She is no longer the leader of anything (thank god)

Also, nullification is not secession.
Yes, but it is an issue of states rights(in this case, the right to ignore federal laws), which I believe we've already fought over. I also wouldn't say that Sarah Palin is out of the picture. She is speaking mostly at Tea Party rallies, but these idiots are making of a larger and larger part of the Republican base. Maybe they'll drop them and we'll see a split like the Whig party, but I don't know.
Fascinating article today about the "Oath Keepers" movement.

http://motherjones.com/politics/2010/03/oath-keepers
Oh I so hope they try that crap...
THE SOUTH WILL RISE AGAIN!!!

And get it's ass kicked... again...

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours