since a few people want there models and stuff taken out, is there any bricks that need to be re model'ed?
Don't worry about it. We're switching to the LDraw library, asap.
so LDraw will give us the models for the bricks and such?
will the builds we make still beable to load and be used? or will we have to remake them? or are we gonna have a converter?
These questions have all been answered repeatedly. LDraw is an open standard for Lego CAD programs and provides an EXTENSIVE parts library. Including minifig parts. A converter should be relatively easy, if somewhat tedious.
I'll be happy to write a converter webapp when we get there. It should be as simple as translated parts codes and probably, in many cases, rotation and scaling coordinates.
KermMartian wrote:
I'll be happy to write a converter webapp when we get there. It should be as simple as translated parts codes and probably, in many cases, rotation and scaling coordinates.

Part lookup tables + turning a Torque 7-coordinate transform vector into an LDraw transform matrix with some coordinate system swapping (LDraw's -y axis is Torque's +z axis).
You realize, people who enjoy using Ldraw for various things are gonna swarm over this project once that's implemented. When you have it working in-game we should advertise on LDraw related forums...

Also, LDraw eliminates 300-some-odd brick static datablocks doesn't it?
DShiznit wrote:
You realize, people who enjoy using Ldraw for various things are gonna swarm over this project once that's implemented.

Absolutely. Paul Gyugyi, the author of LDlite expressed an interest in playing, once I get it working.

Quote:

When you have it working in-game we should advertise on LDraw related forums...

LDraw peeps are old school. More like advertise on the LUGnet mailing lists.

Quote:
Also, LDraw eliminates 300-some-odd brick static datablocks doesn't it?

^_^ indeed.
elfprince13 wrote:
DShiznit wrote:
You realize, people who enjoy using Ldraw for various things are gonna swarm over this project once that's implemented.

Absolutely. Paul Gyugyi, the author of LDlite expressed an interest in playing, once I get it working.

Yep, can't wait to see it.
-gyug
Quote:
LDraw peeps are old school. More like advertise on the LUGnet mailing lists.

this is a reason why a linux version is important

Quote:
Yep, can't wait to see it.
-gyug

Hello

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours