You know, for people who like criticize my ideas, I dont see anyone else stepping up and giving some new ideas.Me being retarded is both non-constructive and non-ya-bis.

Anyway, here is another idea:

I know every is looking forward to the new DoorCS 7 and Kerm is trying to fit as much in the shell with as little space as possible...But to look at the big picture, all shells for the TI-83Plus have only been, well, shell...So I propose a greater idea that will allow features such as my memory manager and end the thoughts of running out of memory.Creating the new DoorsCS 7 as an OS instead of a flash APP. If the details about Kerm's rep are true, I'm sure he could pull it off somehow or another...
Everybody is contributing ideas, but they aren't doing it on 60 forums just to bug the sh*t out of everyone else. Kerm caught your ideas on the first forum that you posted it on, and I'm sure he's tired of repeatedly answering the same ideas. Next time you go and post an idea, make sure you don't post something you've already said on another topic, or that he/someone has answered already.

And yes, that is a decent idea, but if I were Kerm, I'd wait until I finish DCS7 before I even think of doing that. One problem I have is that I'll start on one program, and then I start another, and I forget about the first one. Kerm just needs to focus on DCS7 before he worrys about DCS-OS.
Xenonparadox, if you need someone to help you understand the methods of utilizing a forum / community board correctly I'm sure one of us would be more then happy to assist you.

The problem I see here is you created a whole new topic instead of just continuing the one you previously posted. You only need one thread per-topic. If you have another idea for DoorsCS, you already have another thread open, so go post it there.
Indeed, it's no insult to you or your ideas, it's just that your netiquette needs some severe help. Smile

And yes, I've often thought of the new-OS idea, but I have in the past and continue to decide against it for many good reasons. First of all, so many fewer people are willing to lose the functionality of the TI-OS than are willing to install a 16-48KB shell that the audience drastically decreases and makes it really not worth my time to program it. It's bad enough how many people still use graphing calculators and shells for gaming and programs with the proliferation of powerful, cheap cell phones. Secondly, it would require a ton more work for not a lot more results, since if I were to make an OS it would need to have a very significantly different architecture than Doors CS has currently. I would certainly want it to do at least some kind of rudimentary preemptive multitasking, which I'd have to design from the ground up. A lot of fun given infinite time, but unfortunately not the kind of time that I have at this point in my life. Sorry. Smile
I'm usually not one to lock a thread, but seriously, continue this here: http://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3763

You even gave this thread the same title for cryin' out loud.

EDIT: Oh, and don't double post