I am curious as to what video formats this thing can actually handle. I have tried .mp4, even went through and did somethings that different forums and such said to do without any success.

Anyone here messed with a PSP to that extent and successfully gotten a video format to store to the mem stick and play?
http://www.pspvideo9.com/
Make sure you have the latest update (5.50). You should be able to play AVI, M4V, MP4, MOV, and WMV (I think on WMV). With one of the older updates you have to now rename your movies all weird. AVI's I think are to be saved as MAQ****.avi (where **** is a number, any number). Which seems rather awkard. MP4's might be the same as well as everything else.

You have to save your movies inside just as awkward folders. Inside the root foler "/PSP/" Create a folder called MP_ROOT and inside that "100MNV01." And it's here you save your movies.

In one of the later updates you can now save your videos inside a folder called "VIDEO" on the root of the memory card but I think the same "100MNV01" folder need to be created inside that.

This is what I referenced for the last two paragraphs since I haven't touched my PSP in years, but I am sure about the file name (not just to what file type) because I had a video named as such on my computer.
Thanks UD, That did the trick. Every site I saw said not to use that program, but never said why. They kept claiming that 'such and such' was better, but they failed pretty hard.

Anywho, thanks again.
I just got a PSP myself Saturday. I'll have to look into this.
I downloaded the flvs using keepvid.com, and then used vid9 to convert them. Worked wonderfully.
If you're using linux, the flvs are in /tmp/

I would assume on a windows system, they'd be in your Temporary Internet Files folder.
I hacked together this userscript (designed for Opera, could be converted to Firefox relatively simply) for YouTube downloads (grabs the "high quality" (mp4) or HD versions if available).
But WHY?

Why complicate the issue? The file is already being saved to your computer, except in the case of RMTP streaming.

It's just a quick copy/paste operation, why add in scripts or external websites?
I have been unable to find said files, after spending a great deal of time finding them, so this makes it so I can download the vids where I want them.
alex10819 wrote:
It's just a quick copy/paste operation, why add in scripts or external websites?
It assumes you know where the files are being downloaded to (I had no idea they were being downloaded at all, I assumed they simply being streamed). Clicking the video title just brings up a standard save dialog, which is much more practical IMO.
I guess if you don't know where the files are, it would definitely make sense. I actually have /tmp/ in my Places menu, so it's really easy for me to get to.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3006

Just push a button and it gets the vid.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours