Here's a random chair from the cab for your viewing pleasure. Currently I'm trying to get the lighting to look a bit better, and the glass to not be either invisible or milky.

Looking great Kerm, can't wait to see some technical drawings, speaking of which I'll have to post the render and plans I have for my DIY hovercraft.
TheStorm wrote:
Looking great Kerm, can't wait to see some technical drawings, speaking of which I'll have to post the render and plans I have for my DIY hovercraft.
Oh definitely, that sounds cool. In the meantime, here's some tables and armchairs in the sitting room-type area.

this reminds me of the still life I did with CADKey a few years ago, though obviously a much bigger scene. Nice work Smile
elfprince13 wrote:
this reminds me of the still life I did with CADKey a few years ago, though obviously a much bigger scene. Nice work Smile
Ah indeed, I remember being quite impressed by that. Here's some dashboard renders from my work today:

Bumpity bumpity bump. Indoor fluorescent fixture round out the rooms nicely. Still need some incandescent fixtures for the sitting room and bedrooms, furniture in the kitchen, bathoom, and bedrooms, but I'm getting towards sight of the end, at least as far as my project for class is concerned. Smile

Edit: What would bedrooms be without beds?

Edit #2: Presenting HVAC vents and ceiling fans. Oh, the joys of lighting and shadow and reflections.

Final renders for the CPRR1 presentation I gave in class! Click to enlarge, obviously.

Left to right, top to bottom:
1. Front-right view with outer body on
2. Top-left view with outer body on
3. Same view with outer body removed
4. Right-side view of hallways and rooms
5. Cab with control panel and wheel truck (bogey)
6. Dual 14-cylinder engines, each with two alternators
7. Another view of engines and alternators, with cab in background
8. Sitting room with fans, chairs, and tables
9. Left view of kitchen, chairs, refrigerator
10. Floor-level view of bathroom, bedroom, and kitchen
11. Top view of shower and bathroom
12. Rear (master) bedroom with chair and bed
13. Pantograph detail
14. Truck (bogey) detail
15. Top view of horns, fans, pantograph

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
well done sir, well done.
elfprince13 wrote:
well done sir, well done.
Thank you, sir. I'll try to put it together in some form for a tech report for posterity.
In my Principles of Engineering class we use AutoDesk Inventor 2009 and so far I like it better then AutoCAD 2009 because it is far more user friendly and creates better renders.
movallerik wrote:
In my Principles of Engineering class we use AutoDesk Inventor 2009 and so far I like it better then AutoCAD 2009 because it is far more user friendly and creates better renders.
Inventor is nice, but I think if you put the lighting together properly AutoCAD 2009's renders are superior.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours