I was browsing some graphics programs and came across this one. I have viewed a couple of videos made with it and they were pretty neat. I feel if someone could learn to use it decently then it would be worth it. Here is a link to the program link
Hey, nice find there. This looks like it would be excellent for writing webcomics as well as the stated goal of 2d animation.
I tried it out and liked it. There were a few bugs though and there are still many features that are not yet implemented. Because of this i would recommend waiting to use it until it is finished. But it does work pretty decently at least, and will be much better upon completion.
Well it appears they have crushed a couple of bugs and so here is an extremely simple animation created using a tutorial to learn the basics of it.

lafferjm wrote:
Well it appears they have crushed a couple of bugs and so here is an extremely simple animation created using a tutorial to learn the basics of it.

Not bad, not bad at all. Where will you be going with it from here?
I am going to try a couple more tutorials to learn how to do more advanced stuff with the time frame then i might try to create a short stick figure movie or something.
This isn't directly related to synfig but i have been searching for more 2d animation programs and here is a small simple one i found that is actually pretty interesting. http://www.aniboom.com/ShapeshifterAnimachine.aspx
Is Synfig still around, by the way? It's been a long time since I've heard anything about your graphics endeavors.
Yeah it is still around but it is loaded with bugs so I can't save the files correctly.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours