http://www.drivl.com/posts/view/494

hehe, pretty funny Very Happy (placed here because the author does more ranting that trying to create jokes - still funny though)
Ha, that's great... and so honest.

(Does anyone here actually use green on black?)
MWAHAHA! Best line in the entire piece: "If real life were like film I'd be able to port wordpress to my toaster using a cat5 cable and a bag of glitter."
alex10819 wrote:
(Does anyone here actually use green on black?)

thats how I have Latenite set up for when I am doing ASM programming Wink
Hmm I have something for that list. For anyone who has seen the movie "Swordfish" which I must say is a cool movie.

But the guy is hacking a system on a 8 monitor system and when he types something nothing shows up on the screen. Just blocks move around. Next when he is in a situation at the bank he puts a 1024 bit encryption on a file and before he leaves they catch him and tell him to get the data back. Somehow after he avidly says it is impossible he cracks the 1024 bit encryption on a system with no hacking tools!

Hollywood annoys me with a lot of stuff like Computers and Skateboarding. They think skateboarders are so stupid that they can't notice when they zoom in on him doing moves that he somehow magically switched stances.
Oh, man, you necromancer.

The closest I come to coding in 1's and 0's is my hex stuff, in which I go by half-bytes (4 chars in base 2).
Im just sick of all the screens partitioned into four, with one quarter having a camera feed/relevant thing another with binary, another with bits of a circle spinning around each other, and the other with either a logo or satellite map. Its appalling.
And another thing, people who code faster then most people speak, let alone type.
</rant>

Oh, and while green and black was the old one, the newest is a cool aquamarine blue on black. Im sick of that too.
“I’ll create a GUI interface using VISUAL BASIC; see if I can track an IP address.”
Lawks, I might go watch that.
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:

Heh, that made me laugh. That was absolutely retarded.

What the hell does a VB GUI have to do with tracking an IP address? More specifically, CAN VB even track an IP address? Razz
Kllrnohj wrote:
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:

Heh, that made me laugh. That was absolutely retarded.

When I saw that on t.v. I was like
elrunethe2nd wrote:
Im just sick of all the screens partitioned into four, with one quarter having a camera feed/relevant thing another with binary, another with bits of a circle spinning around each other, and the other with either a logo or satellite map. Its appalling.
And another thing, people who code faster then most people speak, let alone type.
</rant>

Oh, and while green and black was the old one, the newest is a cool aquamarine blue on black. Im sick of that too.
You lose for creating a double necropost situation in a single thread. But yes, this is a continuing problem, along with widely-prevalent technobabble.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours