Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
It depends on the context (in your example it flows better to use which; further up in this thread it sounds natural to use what).

My example is basically the same Razz

Regardless, Salt Lake City's weather sucks. Went from ~60f to snowing and back again in 2 days :/
I wasn't wondering which it was from the set of two choices, I was wondering what it was period. It seemed to be snow, but what meaning did that have? If I had said "which" it would have been implied that I expected answers from the provided set of choices. Instead, I wanted any explanation.

Of course, I didn't particularly want any of these things to a great extent. I was just making conversation.
jbr wrote:
I wasn't wondering which it was from the set of two choices, I was wondering what it was period. It seemed to be snow, but what meaning did that have?

Do you really want me to quote wikipedia again?
It was 81 on monday and 30 the day after here.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours