I was at ABC Warehouse the other day looking for a new handset. And I saw that on all the shelves, they had a nonworking shell of all the phones/electronics/etc. And it's not just a piece of cardboard. It's the actual shell for the phone. The buttons work and everything. They have these for phones, PDAs, everything.

So I was thinking. My TI-84 is pretty big, it's hard to fit in a pocket and it looks kind of dorky if I carry it with me outside. So if I were to get the case open and transfer it to a phone (assuming I could get a phone with an appropriately-sized button array and LCD), how big would it have to be? I mean, how big are the innards of a TI-84/83/etc?

Would this even work?
Probably not. Sad
You could always open it up and see how big it is your self, all you need is a torx 6 screwdriver and some way to pry it open.
I've opened my 83+, and it's packed tight. Circuit boards are the width and length of the calculator. I've heard that the 84+ is the same deal. Realize, there's a reason they decided to make it larger than the 83+: They needed the space! Very Happy
Find a phone case from the late 80 to early 90's.
Those should be big enough ;D

Unless you can super shrink the circuitry, CPU, screen and everything else. You are boned =/

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours