Im not to sure where to put this for one thing but I have a few Ideas I think some of you people may find to be very useful (If Possible).
(THESE MAINLY HAVE TO DO WITH TI-BASIC PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE AND NOT ASM OR ANYTHING ELSE UNLESS SPECIFIED!)
1. Option, Hook, Hack, Whatever Ya Call It, That Allows An Archrived File To Run Another Archrived File And Be Able To Return To A The Archrived File If Need Be, Instead Of It Going Back To The DoorsCS Application With An Error Displayed

2. Serious Bug With DoorsCS. If A Program Uses The Function To Run Another Program Thats Archrived An Error Comes Up And If You Press Goto Error, The Calculator Freezes Causing A RAM CLEAR.

3. When Programming And You Press "On" To Cause The Break Error To Use The Goto Error, Make It So You Can Turn On And Off The Scrolling So You Dont Have Wait For The Calculator To Finish Scrolling Through The Codes To Get To The Error.

4. Make It So You Can Set Up Accounts, Like With Login Names And Passwords, So If You Have The Run DoorsCS on Boot up On, It Goes To A Screen And Waits For A Name And Password To Be Entered Before Anything Can Be Done, Mainly To Prevent Other People From Grabbing Your Calculator And Erasing All Memory And Such.

5. Make A Lock Program Function Differently Than it Does Now, Like Make It So If Someone's Program You Downloaded Is Locked It Cant Be Unlocked Without A Password Of Some Sort.

6. Make DoorCS Icons Changable, Like Be Able To Change From Large Icons, Small Icons, List, Or Details

7. Make Lists, Matrices, Ect.. Able To Run On Programs Even If They Are Archrived.

well, Thats All i can think of as of now.
#1 is already a feature. You just have to code the program as such. I can't remember the link to documentation (I'm sure someone here will post it soon).

#3 is a feature, not a bug. The word 'Goto' is referring to going to where the error is, not just which program it happened in.

#4 would be interesting, but I think it may be a little too much to ask for in a calculator shell. Not many people really need that, and no amount of calculator programming will stop a program from being erased by a battery pull..

...well, it could, but that's beside the point.

#6 is actually pretty neat. I'm not sure how much that would take, but I really like that idea, too.
1. DCS Basic Header

4. could be done with a plug-in but I don't really see a purpose and I don't feel it should be included by default in DCS.

5. If you don't want your code read to bad, its ti-basic it is inherently open source, and nothing you co do will change that. plus even if this feature was added to DCS people could just use MirageOS or some other shell/program to unlock defeating the purpose.

6. For lists there is already a command that allows you to do this, SetUpEditor, it will create a list if it doesn't exist, unarchive it if in the archive, and it will do nothing to it if it is in ram. then when you program is done just archive whatever lists you want to keep. For matrices I don't thing there is really a way to do this but they should really be hard coded into the program, they are not meant for data storage, if you really must have them separate, convert them to a list and then archive the list and use the SetUpEditor command at the beginning of your program and convert it back to a matrix.
#3 I vaguely remember being already discussed as an additional feature...

#4 , if implemented, should just be a password =D Anyways, I think that its really not neccesary; you could just use Kryptolo...

#5 would be pointless; someone could easily just use Mirage or Codex to unlock it anyways.

I would like to add a couple features to this list;

8.) List/Matrice/String editing
9.) Debugger; pressing ON brings a debug screen through which you can check variable states, and then return/continue running the program.
10.) Interchangeable interfaces; let users use a more generic interface if they want, alike Mirage OS (by which I mean the various skins Mirage can use)

Basically, make Doors more of a replacement to the standard TIOS interface, making me more likely to use it on startup...

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours