jbr wrote:
(I got it. Thanks.)

What do you mean? Are you saying you could make it animate the character displayed on the screen by changing the font it displays with back and forth? Are you talking about stuff like making the water appear to move, and making Ash's feet move back and forth?

Hmm... Whatever it actually involves, it sounds like it could have an interesting effect on the game. And, it doesn't sound like it would require the basic to be changed any to make it work, which is always a plus (makes it more likely this stuff'll get included!).

I could only change it when the screen is redrawn redrawn so things like water would look weird if it only changed when you moved, but yeah I mean I could make it look like ash is walking. I will look into the easiest way to do this later, right now i just want to get it working with the Font set in archive. Also unless we use two whole font sets I would need to have an extra conditional for each changeable sprite which would be a pain but possible. once you have a complete list of all the chars currently used and etc. I can look into how to make this work the best. I may be able to make the Fonts smaller if he's not using the whole set in the map or even combine embed the fontset into my prog so that tifreak only needs to worry about one program and not two.
jbr wrote:
Ok, ok. Whoever wrote it, it's still the only was to make it likely my work will get used. Razz
Seriously, lets just get all the files together in one place so work can continue. I'm considering making alternative sprite sets now (such as one with an inverted color scheme), as well as documenting all the characters used by TiFreak in the maps and what they are used for.

EDIT: Ok, that inverse thing actually sounded kinda cool, so I made it. Here's a screenshot:

Maybe it could be used for "night mode" or something... Wait, there was no day or night in first generation pokemon games... Well, it could be used inside dark caves or something, then. Or just if you like it better.

Well.. that looks.. strange, to say the least. Razz

As to the cave thing, it will just end up being the inverted = thing covering all that is seen, unless the move flash is used. Smile

Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours