KermMartian wrote:
It wouldn't help the military, but it sure would help Big Oil, and we all know how much pull oil lobbyists have in Congress.

Yes, because Congress is filled with the nation's best scientists, right? Oh wait, no it isn't.
What are you talking about Kllrnohj? We have great scientists in Congress! Don't even have to think twice about that. Theres uh... well, you know, I don't think I have to list names. Very Happy

Laughing
swivelgames wrote:
What are you talking about Kllrnohj? We have great scientists in Congress! Don't even have to think twice about that. Theres uh... well, you know, I don't think I have to list names. Very Happy

0x5

There is a physics teacher or professor who is now a congressman or senator. I forgot his name though >.>
Kllrnohj wrote:
Nightvision is available to civilians from a variety of manufacturers...

so are capacitors. the point is that there are actually regulations governing the quality of nightvision products that can be sold to civilians.
Indeed, just as GPS was once crippled for civilian use. I'm not saying the government suppresses technology for itself, I'm saying it suppresses civilian usage of technology.
KermMartian wrote:
Indeed, just as GPS was once crippled for civilian use. I'm not saying the government suppresses technology for itself, I'm saying it suppresses civilian usage of technology.

Companies are more than free to develop this tech on their own. Capacitors aren't under any regulations like night vision is, nor is GPS. I have no idea why you would expect military developed tech to be rushed to the civilian market. Do you have any evidence to even suggest that the military is suppressing civilian research in the area of capacitors?
Needless to say I'm sure there are at least of companies and/or organizations out there trying to develop this, but of course they're not the government. Which could explain why they don't have the resources, the money for the resources, and many other reasons. If anyone in power wanted to limit a certain resource, depending on who they are it could be easy.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours