I recently got a digital camera for the first time, and it's 8.1 megapixels, so I've been taking my photos in insanely high resolution. However, I've been wanting to post them up for people to browse, so I've needed to scale them down to something reasonable like 800x600, which is a pain, as I need to open them up in the GIMP one by one, scale them, do color correction, then save and move on to the next one. However, today I searched and quickly found something called "David's Batch Processor," an extension to automatically do color correction, cropping, scaling, and resaving. It takes a few minutes to figure out how to install and use it, but I was happy to find that there's a Win32 version, and it seems quite sufficient for my uses. If it interests anyone, you can grab it at http://members.ozemail.com.au/~hodsond/dbp.html.
This is great! I have a 12.1 megapixel camera and it is a HOG when it comes to memory obviously, but the picture quality is great. Thanks for the link Kerm. Very Happy
Mexi1010 wrote:
This is great! I have a 12.1 megapixel camera and it is a HOG when it comes to memory obviously, but the picture quality is great. Thanks for the link Kerm. Very Happy
No worries. The only thing I don't like is that it doesn't let me do Auto White Balance, one of the things I frequently use on my pictures. I'd also like the option to pause and let me review pictures so I can perform any additional tweaks I want before it saves and goes on to the next image.
Real men use Imagemagick.

Also, I remember wanting to do this with PSP8 (Paint Shop Pro) some time ago. That's when I discovered it has a Python scripting engine. Very Happy
The Tari wrote:

Also, I remember wanting to do this with PSP8 (Paint Shop Pro) some time ago. That's when I discovered it has a Python scripting engine. Very Happy
I assume GIMP also has a scripting engine of sort, hence script-fu, but I'm too lazy to try to figure it out. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
The Tari wrote:

I assume GIMP also has a scripting engine of sort, hence script-fu, but I'm too lazy to try to figure it out. Smile

Yeah, GIMP has Python scripting too Razz (script-fu is scheme I think)

http://www.gimp.org/docs/python/index.html
Kllrnohj wrote:
Yeah, GIMP has Python scripting too Razz (script-fu is scheme I think)

http://www.gimp.org/docs/python/index.html
Ah, very nice, I'll have to try it at some point.
Photoshop has been doing this for ages, psh.
allynfolksjr wrote:
Photoshop has been doing this for ages, psh.
Yes, which I believe I mentioned in my first post. Photoshop excels at macros, while GIMP most decidedly does not. I'm doing my best to fill that void.
Too bad you didn't actually mention it in your "first post?"
allynfolksjr wrote:
Too bad you didn't actually mention it in your "first post?"
Eh, I thought about the fact while I was typing my first post. Good enough.
good find, thanks Very Happy
elfprince13 wrote:
good find, thanks Very Happy
No problem, I figured this was something worth posting up because I think other people probably run into the same issues as me. Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours