I dont know if anyone ever discover this or not, or whether i am in the right post area..
But havent you always had a pain over the fact that when editing a program on the calculator,
you have to scroll all the way to the program and edit it?
What if you have like 100 programs on your calculator, and you have to wait like 10 seconds for
the calculator to find that program so you can edit it?

Just a minute ago, I found a way to edit programs without having to wait even 1 sec.
Im not talking about using ALPHA and the first letter of the program.

I found out that if you went to "NEW" in the program menu (as in you want to create a new program), and typed in the program name that you wanted to edit. You could
automatically edit it without waiting. Well, of course you have to unarchive it first before you can edit it..

I thought it was cool...Something that i discovered about my calculator for a long time.

Does anyone else know this? Or am i just being a newb when everyone else already knows this?

Good Idea Good Idea Good Idea Surprised Surprised Surprised
I noticed this probably a year ago, but I'd forgotten about it,since I can still scroll faster than I can type.
Wow, that's definitely useful if you have a lot of junk on your calc (which I'm sure most of us here do). Thanks. Smile
Hmm, I think I missed this topic the first time around. That is indeed quite useful! You could always use the DCS editor though. Wink
I knew, but I've never really had enough programs at one time to justify this.

This might be a different story now though...*cough* Metroid Pi2*cough*
You could hide all programs you don't need or use by rename them to a name beginning with a space. You can do this in Doors CS Very Happy .

However, I don't know the safety for this, and the programs can only be run from another program or shell that support program names starting with a space.
I am in the same situation as HarrierFalcon; generally, I only have my current projects on my calculator, which rarely goes above perhaps 16 programs. Even on my Silver Edition calculators, with more archive than is strictly sane, I tend to fill up the memory with a few apps rather than a ton of programs.

@Olav: It's safe enough, the OS doesn't really care and doesn't crash with this. It just fails to show the programs.
KermMartian wrote:
@Olav: It's safe enough, the OS doesn't really care and doesn't crash with this. It just fails to show the programs.

I was thinking of the program being overwritten because TI OS might think it doesn't exist...
olav_nordmann wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

I was thinking of the program being overwritten because TI OS might think it doesn't exist...
Nope, that won't happen either. The hidden program has a physically different name and will continue to exist separately.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours