I've been working on a new template lately and I'm hoping to have it up on my site and have content up soon enough.

My new template is a lot different then all my other templates I've ever made but I really like it.

Right now I only have the homepage and the reviews page up, but I'll be working on the other pages later. I've been doing a lot of gaming lately and haven't programmed in a while and I'm wanting to use my site for what it was originally created for (Game reviews, Game resources, et cetera). But thats kind of beside the point.

If you all would check out the template and tell me what you think about it that would be great. Suggestions and constructive critism would be great. I'm personally undecided on how I'm going to be laying out the actual content, since this is kind of a new design that I haven't worked with before.

All the art and coding were all done by me from scratch. I'm saying this because someone already tried to say that I stole it from something else.

Heres the link: http://www.swivelgames.com/newage/
Mirror: http://www.bluelogicteam.com/newage/

... enjoy
(Mirror is just incase swivelgames.com is down, because it tends to go down quite often. This isn't very up to date though and there really isn't a reason for this mirror except for when I'm working on it at school)
It's pretty nice, but that gold text just isn't doing it for me. You need something lighter than that in my opinion.
A lighter gold maybe?

I was thinking about doing it blue or a very light blue, but I think its a bit too common to have blue text with a blue styled page. I'm looking for more color diversity in mostly the text and I thought the gold was a nice touch. Maybe brighter?
swivelgames wrote:
A lighter gold maybe?

I was thinking about doing it blue or a very light blue, but I think its a bit too common to have blue text with a blue styled page. I'm looking for more color diversity in mostly the text and I thought the gold was a nice touch. Maybe brighter?
I think a lighter gold, yeah. If you need any inspiration, take a look at the CPX website I made, which has a similar color scheme but blue instead of gold text:

http://cpx.cemetech.net/
I agree for the most part. I brightened it up about 12% and it looks better, but I'm wondering if thats too bright or too dark now >.<"

I think thats a good color personally. I brightened it up a second time to +20% and fudged around with it in between but I think +12% looks the best.

Now what about the header. I kind of want to make it more noticeable, but I also want to keep its background the same color as the background of the content divs. The background of the content divs looks just right in my opinion, but I think the header is a bit dark.

@CPX: Is this also just a template atm?
Not to get off topic but what is CPX or Calculator Programming eXposition? Razz
Okay, the home page is dependant on SQL now and I'm going to work on getting the other areas of the site SQL dependant. It shouldn't be too much longer before I'll have a basic cms up and give it content Razz
Looks pretty cool, Swiv. Can't wait to see the finished product.

@Mexi: CPX was to be an annual (I think?) online convention for developers in the community to showcase their new projects. The idea pretty much died though. I came up with the name CPX and thus reserve all rights to it =P
It seems that the original topic or set of topics about it disappeared in the lost posts from last summer (a you, Jatol!) but yes, it was an extension of the previous idea of the CPC into an online venue.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours