Hello!
Can anyone make one routine for Pokemon Ruby to remake the day/night routine of pokemon diamond/pearl?
It must check the time and change the palette of the game every 6 hours (at 8am, 2pm, 8pm, 2am)
Can you make this? Thaks!
So many things, where to start.

1) Do you mean in z80 calculator asm? If so, do you mean this to be an 84-only routine, since it's the only one with a clock?
2) I suspect you're talking about the actual GBA game. Am I correct?
I need the routine for a gba game (Pokemon Ruby)
I don't know other..excuse me Sad Sad
Can you make it please? I need really this think!! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
I think you're looking for a gbadev forum? forum.gbadev.org is nice, but idk if they'll have issues w/ the copyright issues you may encounter for trying to mess around w/ a published game like that.
Yes i know, but i don't publish it..if i use only there is legal!
Can you make the routine? I can't..
HackLars wrote:
That's the problem - I don't think any of us know GBA C or ASM or whatever language it is they use.
Ah
Can you link me on tutorial for this kind of asm?
KermMartian wrote:
HackLars wrote:
That's the problem - I don't think any of us know GBA C or ASM or whatever language it is they use.

No, the real problem would be that we don't have the source code and as such it would need to be disassembled, reverse engineered, and heavily modified to have a day/night cycle. This isn't just a "routine". And no, HackLars, even if only you use it that does not necessarily make it legal. It depends on the EULA you agreed to.

Let me put this bluntly. HackLars, you are an idiot and you clearly don't know anything about programming. Give up on this idea, that really isn't even all that good, and go do something useful with your time. Go learn C, C++, C#, Java, Python, Ruby, or something.
Kllrnohj wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
HackLars wrote:

No, the real problem would be that we don't have the source code and as such it would need to be disassembled, reverse engineered, and heavily modified to have a day/night cycle. This isn't just a "routine". And no, HackLars, even if only you use it that does not necessarily make it legal. It depends on the EULA you agreed to.

Let me put this bluntly. HackLars, you are an idiot and you clearly don't know anything about programming. Give up on this idea, that really isn't even all that good, and go do something useful with your time. Go learn C, C++, C#, Java, Python, Ruby, or something.

Yes, i don't know nothig about programming, then i ask your help!
I don't can't program, but the very idiot is you, shit!
While Kllrnohj, as usual, phrased his denial of your request a bit harshly, he has the right idea. You don't realize that what you're asking is a) illegal and b) much more difficult than you realize.
Kllrnohj's always like that ^^ even to Kerm sometimes

I wouldn't be surprised if the code you need is only a couple of lines. Like you said, you probably need to load in a new pallete into the sprite and bg pallete memory. This may only take a couple lines of code.

however:
1.) do you have a way to load this onto your gba cartridge? iirc, it's generally flash locked or something iirc.
2.) do you have the source? even if you disassemble, all you get is a bunch of garbage hex numbers w/ no discernable meaning. Considering how complex ARM ASM is, this can be more difficult than brandonw disassembling the ti83+'s flash.
3.) is it worth the effort? Like Kllrnohj pointed out, it's illegal to modify that game. but also, if you knew how to do it, why would you? you'd probably be some 1337 coder who could code gba and nds games. You wouldn't need to play pokemon anymore, you could make your own franchise and become a licensed Nintendo developer and make $$!!! lol <- btw, this mean "L-O-L", the forums auto catch "L-O-L" and replace it with lol ^^

but like I said before, I have no clue how to do this, and I doubt anyone here would know because this is a forum for z80 Assembly, and more specifically for TI graphing calculators.

you should try http://forum.gbadev.org/ or some other gba dev forum. There you will probably find gurus in developing for both the gba and nds in C/C++ and ARM ASM.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours