sorry for the crappy picture quality, all I have is my cell phone camera Sad

Anywho, just spent some time cleaning up my cables, let me know what you think Smile

Looks extremely neat, nicely done. And yes, your picture quality is horrendous.
so is "rate my cables" kind of like "hot or not" for computers?
elfprince13 wrote:
so is "rate my cables" kind of like "hot or not" for computers?

Yes, feel free to join in Smile

@Kerm: Thanks. I would like a camera, but if I had $100-200, I'd buy another 500GB drive first, then a new video card, then etc... Very Happy
Good job with the cables, looks like they're out of the way of everything. That heatsink in the center terrifies me though. Was it really expensive?
Bombu wrote:
Good job with the cables, looks like they're out of the way of everything. That heatsink in the center terrifies me though. Was it really expensive?

Depends on what you call "expensive" - it was pretty standard price for higher-end air cooling ($50-$60, can't remember exact price). It is a 120mm fan in there, by the way, surrounded by copper and heat pipes Wink Keeps mah CPU nice and cool (usually my CPU is running cooler than my north bridge, actually, hehe)
Kllrnohj wrote:
Bombu wrote:

Depends on what you call "expensive" - it was pretty standard price for higher-end air cooling ($50-$60, can't remember exact price). It is a 120mm fan in there, by the way, surrounded by copper and heat pipes Wink Keeps mah CPU nice and cool (usually my CPU is running cooler than my north bridge, actually, hehe)
Ah, is that the cooler than you linked to on NewEgg when we were discussing your processor upgrades.
KermMartian wrote:
Ah, is that the cooler than you linked to on NewEgg when we were discussing your processor upgrades.

Yes, the Thermaltake V1
Mine are not quite so neat. Very Happy Actually they are much much worse. Evil or Very Mad

I thought I would also post some of the pictures of my super cool Antec NineHundred case along with everything else. I think, now that I see Kllrnohj's PC, I am going to redo my cables this weekend. It is a bit harder when your PSU is on the bottom though. Razz
Ah nice, one of my friends has a similar case, but with a slightly different port arrangement on the top.
Mexi1010 wrote:
It is a bit harder when your PSU is on the bottom though. Razz

Not really. Some things will be harder (mobo 24-pin comes to mind if yours is near the top), while others easier (hard drives and video cards). I notice you have a bunch of cables that aren't connected to anything - the whole point of a modeler PSU is to just not connect those cables in the first place...

The 900 is a nice case, though - and I think I did good picking out all those parts and PSU if I do say so myself Wink

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours