Hey all, I just finished my first cryptograph in record time!
(Started at about 6:30 and finished around 8:30)

My Encryptions:

• Hello World
    ibcccbbccba
  • Hallo World
    hbcccbbccba
  • Zomg this is kind of cool!!! WOWZOMG!!!
    bcccccbccccccccbcccccbcccbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbfbhhjhgfbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbba

WARNING: THIS IS AN EXTREMELY UNSTABLE WAY TO ENCRYPT IMPORTANT INFORMATION. DO NOT USE THIS TO ENCRYPT ANYTHING IMPORTANT!

Though, I myself have not tried to crack it, it shouldn't be very hard to do or to find a collision.

As you can see: Hello World and Hallo World is only different by the first character. At the moment, I do not know much about my encryption (how to decrypt it) but it shouldn't be too hard seeing as I coded it... or should it? O_O

Anyway, have fun with it!

Text to SG1 Encryption

::EDIT::
How it works:

Its kind of complicated it. But I finished it in only around 2 hours. It seemed sooner then that, but thats when I started timing myself and just fiddling with stuff.

Basically:
    It takes ASCII Characters and replaces them with their assigned number. That number is multiplied by the number of the given character next to it and on and on. Then, depending on how large the number is, it brings it down to a double digit number and subtracts it until its lower then 36 and uses substr() to choose the character in the string holding the alphanumeric characters according.
Anyone care for the code?
swivelgames wrote:

Basically:
    It takes ANCII Characters and replaces them with their assigned number. That number is multiplied by the number of the given character next to it and on and on. Then, depending on how large the number is, it brings it down to a double digit number and subtracts it until its lower then 36 and uses substr() to choose the character in the string holding the alphanumeric characters according.
Anyone care for the code?

Yeahhh.... ummm I am pretty sure that that is almost impossible to decrypt because each one has so many different ways to get 1 number. It might work as a hash, but you are not going to encrypt and decrypt anything with it Very Happy (I think, someone tell me what they think Wink )
Well thats good to know Smile

That was definitely something I wanted to hear ^^,

Heres to you all wondering a little bit more about it:
[Originally off of UnSS] Swivelgames wrote:
JFabi82 wrote:
Doesn't sound bad in logic, but a little complicated to encode(which is usually actually good). I'd say that it would take a while for most to figure it out. I probably didn't read your post right, but why again are most of the things "c" and "b?" Is that the majority of the holding string?

I know a thing or two about cryptography, but I haven't done a whole lot in it. It just fascinating...
I enjoy cryptography as well. This is my first time doing it, its quite enjoyable.

The reason why most of the characters in the encrypted version are "c"s and "b"s is because when the numbers are multiplied together they are then divided by a number according to their answer.

For instance, if I get 25150(random number, don't ask) from multiplying two of the letters assigned numbers together (basically saying they were next to each other in the unencrypted string and then substituted with their assigned number) then I divide it by 1000 which gives me a much closer number between 0-35. The response given to the inputted text will only contain alphanumeric characters(total of 36 characters not starting at 0).

Again, if anyone wants the code, I will allow them to view it. This isn't something too special I need to hide ^^,

And if you do look at it, mind helping me find out how to decrypt/crack it? Laughing

Heres another simple convo I had with Harq.
SAX wrote:
23:34:43 (C): swivelgames: Razz
23:34:41 (C): Cemetech: swivelgames: !calc 195*195=38025
23:34:35 (C): swivelgames: which is...
23:34:32 (C): swivelgames: So, the highest number you can retreive from encrypting any certain text is 195*195
23:34:00 (C): swivelgames: No no, encrypt some text. Then you'll see the substitution. Thats when the letters are replaced with numbers. Each number is 3 chars long(even if its 001) and then it takes them 3 by 3 and multiplies them together
23:32:55 (C): Harq: do you mean you add up the ones on either side?
23:32:53 (C): ***The Tari has entered the room.
23:32:47 (C): Harq: what do you mean numbers beside it?
::UPDATE::

Added the source code to the script, check it out.

Link to source code is in the footer.

I'm also working on another way to encrypt, should be better then constant b's and c's ^^,
ANSI or ASCII?
ASCII**

My bad, typo. I seem to never get that right ^^,

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours