http://weblog.infoworld.com/yager/archives/2007/10/take_me_home_le.html

what do you all think of this review? I'm pretty stoked about the release since I'm hoping to get a Macbook this spring, and since I'll likely get to see it on Dad's Macbook and G5 before too long.
It looks pretty nice to me. What's with that file stack on the dock? I didn't quite get the point of that.
elfprince13 wrote:
http://weblog.infoworld.com/yager/archives/2007/10/take_me_home_le.html

what do you all think of this review? I'm pretty stoked about the release since I'm hoping to get a Macbook this spring, and since I'll likely get to see it on Dad's Macbook and G5 before too long.

I would say that 1) it isn't a review at all and that it hardly even qualifies as a preview, and 2) who cares? He starts off saying it is "user focused" and then talks about the underlying framework. Uh... what? Not sure about the Mac average user, but when my dad sat down at his new Vista box he never said "This is nice, but how is the .NET framework support?" Rolling Eyes
KermMartian wrote:
It looks pretty nice to me. What's with that file stack on the dock? I didn't quite get the point of that.

if you drag a folder onto the dock as a shortcut, you can hold your mouse over it and see the contents of the folder without having to actually open it in the finder.

@kllrnohj: do you understand how frameworks operate in OS X?
elfprince13 wrote:
@kllrnohj: do you understand how frameworks operate in OS X?

Yes, but my point is that you can do everything the Mac framework does without the framework this guy is heaping praises upon. It may make things easier for developers, but from an average user point of view, they won't care at all.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours