For a site template I'm building, I want an image to repeat vertically on both the left and right side of the screen.

I've got the following:

Code:
style type="text/css">
body{
background-image:
url('[image location goes here]');
background-repeat: repeat-y
 ; background-position:left}
  </style>

my question is, how do I add in code for the image to repeat vertically on the right side too? (That is to say, if it's even possible)
Why don't oyu try just putting both of them in the same property?

Code:

background-repeat:repeat-x repeat-y;
That would accomplish only making the picture be the entire background (ie...not having the repeats at all) I want repeat-y position left and repeat-y position right but my editor doesn't accept my code.
oohhhh, I get it. hmm...

Use a big table Razz
You can only associate one background image per div/span block, so I would just create another span block for the second image on the right side.
ah....[noob]examples?[/noob]
You'll need two side-by-side divs, each of which spans half the page and goes the full length of the document.
How exactly do I do this? I can have only one body tag in my CSS script and it won't accept a second script. Can you perhaps give me an example or something.

Sorry for the uber-noobing. My gov't class teacher fried my brain today....
To further expand on what Kerm is saying, you want to have two pairs of divs one after the other, like so:

<div id="whatever1">
</div>
<div id="whatever2">
</div>

You then just set the desired background image property for the respective div tag.
(Brain crashed so I have to reinstall my knowledge files ^^;; )

Okay....div id.....And that is relevant how? I Googled it and Div Id appears to have nothing to do with making a picture repeat.
Just wondering, but perhaps I need to clarify myself. What do YOU think I'm asking about?
Perhaps these will help:

http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_div.asp
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Span_and_div

all it took was a Google search for div.
At least YOUR Google actually works.
Thanks much, I'll take a look tomorrow morning.
something tells me that someone needs to go through the HTML and CSS tutorials again.
keep it calm rivereye everyone need's is time to learn!!!

Eu pdr acabar mt bem ctg agr e olha que o google não consegue traduzir isto!
rayden wrote:
keep it calm rivereye everyone need's is time to learn!!!

Eu pdr acabar mt bem ctg agr e olha que o google não consegue traduzir isto!
No, rivereye's right, this is a basic skill.

Also, can you say necropost?
rivereye wrote:
something tells me that someone needs to go through the HTML and CSS tutorials again.

Again? Never used 'em the first time.... Laughing ^^;

Fortunately, I figured out an alternative to the issue a while back... (Just check out my forum)

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours