Exactly

However, let's hope our implied right to privacy stays... if it goes away, some very important Supreme Court rulings could be reversed...

We would have
A return of Anti-Sodomy laws (Which have been used to discriminate against gays... you won't find a heterosexual couple punished under these laws)
A banishment of Abortion (Even if you disagree with it, either way)
Cameras anywhere... even in our homes or bathrooms
and many more, worse things...
Do note this has NO effect on what the government can do and cannot do. Given the proper search warrants and such, the government could ALREADY do everything this new "ruling" has stated. Instead, this is for civil suits and the like. Meaning that companies (such as the MPAA) don't have to jump through the same loops that the government has to to get this information (the government needs a search warrant and such - same as they do to seize anything as evidence).

Just keep that in mind before you keep ranting about the government invading your privacy - this is actually about the MPAA and other NON-government sources being able to raid your privacy....
@Alex's post
That would be horrible. I'd probably end up arrested for breaking all the cameras in my house....mutliple times Laughing Razz
Even worse... the MPAA had my internet shut off once Wink

The MPAA and RIAA... meh. I wonder if their forensic "experts" know how to read a ext3 drive Razz
Hehe, their "experts" aren't experts though. Razz

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours