Gah! I am about to flip out, it seems EVERYBODY I know calls me about random crap when I'm programming or working ect, and I ask them to please call me later i'm busy, and they constantly keep talking to me. e.g.

Them: Hi
Me: Hey can we talk later im super busy
Them: Oh watcha doin?
Me: programming, hush please
Them: Watcha programming?
Me: A sudoku engine, now please I have to get this done
Them: Oh fun, I hate sudoku, is programming hard?
Me: It can be, now I REALLY have to go
Them: Oh ok, but wait, what are you doing?
Me: I already told you
Them: No you didnt
Me: (copy and pastes past conversation)
Them: Oh sorry I must have spaced out
Me: Ok, bye bye
Them: What? No I'm bored I need someone to talk to
Me: Plenty of other people are online
Them: None of them are talking
Me: I wouldnt consider myself 'talking' just replying and getting slightly annoyed -_-
Them: Annoyed about what?

(...)

Then my mom has called AT LEAST 5 times in the past hour for no apparent reason, at least 5 other people have called more then twice in the past few hours after I asked them not to call me, i'd call them back... UGH
Mexi: Kerm PLZ RESPOND
Me: Busy, lol
Mexi: PLZ JUST 1 MINUTE?
Me: Go awai!!!11one
Mexi: U HAS A FLAVUR!!111eleventyhundred
Me: *blocks Mexi*
fairly effective when copy and pasted directly into a your IM window
Quote:
[Auto-Response] your I.P. Address has been logged, any further hacking attempts will result in a report being submitted to the FBI's cybercrime division.
You know, you COULD just close AIM/Yahoo/MSN/etc... when you are busy, rather than leaving it on some away message - likewise, you could make yourself invisible/hidden and/or just plain not respond. As for phone calls - thats why there is caller ID Razz
there are certain people I always like to talk to Wink
I have had many people mad at me when I dont want to talk to them, they call me, I dont answer, they grab someone I want to talk to's phone, call me, and I pick up =| , and if I talk to some people on IM, they will realize im not talking to them but I am to other people.
Things like this aggravate me to no end. People have no respect for the word please, or alone time. I shouldn't have to go to blocking them to get them to STFU.

And then they get mad at you or make you feel bad when you don't talk, because theres nothing to talk about.
PseudoInfinitum wrote:
Things like this aggravate me to no end. People have no respect for the word please, or alone time. I shouldn't have to go to blocking them to get them to STFU.

And then they get mad at you or make you feel bad when you don't talk, because theres nothing to talk about.
Welcome to Cemetech! I completely agree. It's one of the problems with modern technology - if you can be reached via some means at all times, people take it as an invitation that they may reach you any time they feel like it.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours