My compy has started acting a little strange. Whenever I plug it in, nothing happens (Like normal. Nothing should happen.) for a few seconds, then, suddenly, my case fans and lights all activate and run for 15 seconds, then shut off. After the 15 seconds, I can turn on the computer and boot fine. At first I thought my power button was just stuck in or something because I usually just use my motherboard remote, but I checked it and the button works fine. It started doing this a couple days ago. It never used to. Do you think Vista could have done something to it?

When it wasn't my power button, my next guess was that Vista was just hibernating even though I told it to shutdown. I just got my dual-boot set up, though, and it still does that even if Ubuntu was the last operating system I had open. I have no clue what's going on with it. Everything seems to be working fine... It's just weird. Rolling Eyes
Well, my question is why are you unplugging your PC so much???

Second, go into the BIOS and check that all the "Wake-On" items are turned off.
I unplug it a lot because I move it around a lot. I just had it over at my friend's house so I could activate it. Then I move it from my bedroom to my living room a lot. And I just installed another modem to see if I could get it working. I always unplug for hardware changes. Smile
It sounds rather like something my board (Gigabyte DS3) does when it loses AC power. Gigabyte's site said something about memory configuration, and it's normal. Maybe check the ASUS site for anything about it?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours