I just happened to acquire a mac. plus any thought on what I could do with such an old computer?
Sledge hammer + video camera? Some form of explosive + video camera? Fast moving car + throwing out window + video camera? Very Happy
I had thought that but the person who gave it to me wouldn't appreciate that. Seriously any thoughts?
1. Disguise it as a DVD player like I did with my LCII. Razz
2. Turn it into a server.
3. Install Linux on it.
4. Put a bunch of old-school games on it.
5. Mod the hell out of it.
Okay please give me more details on all of those, like, where I can get these games, what can I mod on it and what version of Linux fits on a floppy disk?
Google, Google, and for the last one - try Google Rolling Eyes. If it only has a floppy drive you might be able to do a network install.

Oh, and go read the "Grammar" thread - as in NOW and FOLLOW THE "RULES"!!!
Given how old that thing (probably) is, I don't think it's powerful enough to do much in the way of Linux at all (if it's as old/older than my old Quadra 700, it has a 68k architecture processor, and less than a meg of RAM). I vote for finding some good old games for it (like 'Oh no, More Lemmings!').
thx. After searching Google for a while I think I found a site with some cool games here.
6. Turn it into the most powerful 68k calc ever. Laughing
Hmm? Thats a good idea, to bad its so big. hehe Razz Btw does anyone here know where to get some 800k floppies?
Are these 5 1/4, or 3 1/2 inch?
3.5" But I just bought a 50 pack off of ebay.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours