I agree with elfprince13!

get SPASM and then use http://group.revsoft.org/app.inc

#include this and then use "defpage(0,"app_name_here") on the first page of the app, and then "defpage(#) for subsequent pages.
brass is "slow"? lol, when was the last time you had to *WAIT* for a Z80 ASM assembler to finish assembling a program for the calculator? I mean, seriously, the difference in speed between BRASS and SPASM is going to be so insanely small that unless you are batch-recompiling the entire ti-calc.org archives, you probably aren't going to notice Rolling Eyes
I think i am going to go with spasm just because i do not feel like waiting forever for the .net framework to download. Just one thing though, is anyone able to get the download link to work because i cant.
Kllrnohj wrote:
brass is "slow"? 0x5, when was the last time you had to *WAIT* for a Z80 ASM assembler to finish assembling a program for the calculator? I mean, seriously, the difference in speed between BRASS and SPASM is going to be so insanely small that unless you are batch-recompiling the entire ti-calc.org archives, you probably aren't going to notice Rolling Eyes
Just to back that up, the 100,000+ lines of code of DCS take roughly 1.2 seconds to assemble, produce a label listing, sign, and output a 77K .8xk.
ZDS IDE 3.68 FTW!

0.05 secs to compile Starcalc and give a 32kb 8xk output file.

But the ide is completely crap. Mad
Fallen Ghost wrote:
ZDS IDE 3.68 FTW!

0.05 secs to compile Starcalc and give a 32kb 8xk output file.

But the ide is completely crap. Mad
My IDE is Notepad++, which actually pwns pretty hard considering it has syntax highlighting and tabbed viewing and editing.
my IDE of choice in Windows is Notepad++ also. Still haven't found anything in Linux I like as much though (kllrnohj, any suggestions?).
KDevelop is pretty sweet, but I often just use the default Gnome Text Pad which has syntax highlighting and such, but KDevelop adds a bunch such as the automatic setup of autoconf/automake for projects (so that your C/C++ projects can use the 'standard' ./configure && make && make install process), built in CVS/SVN support, other project/distribution schemes (such as a one-click building of a compressed archive w/ only the stuff in the distro list, so that all your 'testing' and other output files don't get added), word-autocomplete (helpful with long variable names and defines), auto-indenting, code folding, etc....
well i now get to use brass because i downloaded the .net framework at school and so now all i have to do is install it.
How do i use brass to assemble applications. i tried to use the ti application tutorial on their page and every time i try to compile i get over 1500 errors.
lafferjm wrote:
How do i use brass to assemble applications. i tried to use the ti application tutorial on their page and every time i try to compile i get over 1500 errors.
There's a full manual here:
http://benryves.com/bin/brass/
just use latenite - the projects sets up everything you need for brass and creates all the batch scripts necessary to compile for nostub, ION, MOS, etc...
Kllrnohj wrote:
just use latenite - the projects sets up everything you need for brass and creates all the batch scripts necessary to compile for nostub, ION, MOS, etc...
Yeah, but he's creating an *app*, not a program, and LateNite provides no templates whatsoever for app creation.
I did read the manual but every time i try to compile this:

Code:

.binarymode ti8xapp
.inclabels "ti83plus.inc"
.deflong bjump(label)
 call BRT_JUMP0
 .dw label
.enddeflong

.deflong bcall(label)
 rst rBR_CALL
 .dw label
.enddeflong

.defpage 0,16*1024, $4000

.page 0
 .block 128

bjump(_JForceCmdNoChar)

i get over 1500 errors. To compile it i type in brass test.z80
That's because you've changed the code from what it says in the manual:

Code:

.binarymode ti8xapp                 ; TI-83+ Application

.inclabels "ti8x.lbl"               ; Label file containing equates

.deflong bjump(label)               ; Jump macro
    call BRT_JUMP0
    .dw label
.enddeflong

.deflong bcall(label)               ; Call macro
    rst rBR_CALL
    .dw label
.enddeflong

.defpage 0, 16*1024, $4000          ; Page 0 definition

.page 0                             ; Start page 0
                                    ; ← header is added in here for us
    .block 128                      ; Advance 128 bytes for header

bjump(_JForceCmdNoChar)         ; Exit

Notice the ".inclabels "ti8x.lbl" "
I changed it though because i do not have an include file called ti8x.lbl
lafferjm wrote:
I changed it though because i do not have an include file called ti8x.lbl
Then it would probably be wise to try to search for and find such a file, would it not? Smile
I searched and could not find. The only thing i found was on maxcoderz and the problem was caused because king harold was using latenite. So does anyone know where i can find it.
So does anyone know where I can find that file because i still don't see it?
I still recommend using SPASM and app.inc

@kllrnohj: with Brass its a 2 second pause or say no matter what gets compiled-hello world or DCS.

and with SPASM you can now have page-aware labels :p

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours