How can i change the compiler from Brass to TASM and if someone can send me a TASM command line example that would be great!

Thanx,
POS
Why would you want to do a stupid thing like that?
I DONT LIKE BRASS and the guide examples all use TASM
Sucks to be you then. Brass is better than TASM, so maybe you should rethink why you don't like brass, or you shouldn't use Latenite.
So do u know how to change it?
No, and I'm not entirely sure you can. It would be a royal pain to change the batch scripts it creates automatically every time...

Only way you really could would be to code a program, call it brass.exe, and have it translate the brass command line options to TASM-style ones.

Or you could realize your mistake and grasp that Brass pwns TASM
Then how would i change this to run on brass?

.nolist
#include "ti83plus.inc"
#define ProgStart $9D95
.list
.org ProgStart - 2
.db t2ByteTok, tAsmCmp
b_call(_ClrLCDFull)
ld hl, 0
ld (PenCol), hl
ld hl, msg
b_call(_PutS) ; Display the text
b_call(_NewLine)
ret

msg:
.db "Hello world!", 0
.end
When you start a new project in Latenite, it adds all the 'required' stuff automatically, so all you need is this part, which would be the actual code: (in the file where it has "program begins here: ")

Code:
 b_call(_ClrLCDFull)
ld hl, 0
ld (PenCol), hl
ld hl, msg
b_call(_NewLine)
ret

msg:
.db "Hello world!", 0
ohhhhhhh, i didn't know that. okay. thanx. i think i might just use brass because TASM is also too hard
Note that that isn't a Brass feature, but a Latenite one. Don't confuse the two.
But when i am compiling from latenite using brass will it do what u r saying?
That ASM file will work as well in TASM as it does in Brass with no changes.
However, in TASM it sometimes glitches so you need to add 2 ".end"'s

ps
Nice to talk to you for the first
time Mr.KermMartian
POS wrote:
But when i am compiling from latenite using brass will it do what u r saying?

What I said is for Latenite, which is what you are talking about. As Kerm said, a file that assembles with TASM will assemble the same in Brass. It is Latenite that does things differently, and that is what I was talking about above.
so latenite and brass are 2 whole different things?
POS wrote:
so latenite and brass are 2 whole different things?

FINALLY, HE GETS IT. Of course, we could have saved all this if you would have just read my post where I said that Latenite and Brass are different Rolling Eyes
Or he could have asked me at school Rolling Eyes

But yeah, Brass is simply the COMPILER for Latenite, which is the editor. It all wraps up into a nice little IDE Wink
Kllrnohj wrote:
When you start a new project in Latenite, it adds all the 'required' stuff automatically, so all you need is this part, which would be the actual code: (in the file where it has "program begins here: ")

Code:
 b_call(_ClrLCDFull)
ld hl, 0
ld (PenCol), hl
ld hl, msg
b_call(_NewLine)
ret

msg:
.db "Hello world!", 0

Actually, all of the header stuff is put in headers.asm, and that is the file that Latenite tells Brass to start compiling at. Conveniently, you don't have to change anything to that file to compile for different shells/calculator models, as it's all in there and just compiles the parts accordingly. Brass is much more powerful than tasm, however there are a few differences:
1. b_call( in tasm, bcall( in brass
2. b_jump( in tasm, bjump( in brass

As for the rest, Brass1 is completely compatible with tasm. Again, Brass has added support for more things:
1. labels are just at the start of the line and don't need the colon (":")
2. Either .db or db, as well as other instructions with similar stuff (#define, define, .define, x=y,x .equ y)
3. More directives, and designed to be more similar to higher level languages
The full list of directives that Brass adds to TASM can be found here:
http://www.benryves.com/bin/brass
Calc Buffoon wrote:
Actually, all of the header stuff is put in headers.asm, and that is the file that Latenite tells Brass to start compiling at. Conveniently, you don't have to change anything to that file to compile for different shells/calculator models, as it's all in there and just compiles the parts accordingly.

Which doesn't contradict anything I said, although you wrote it with that tone. Why?

Quote:
Brass is much more powerful than tasm, however there are a few differences:
1. b_call( in tasm, bcall( in brass
2. b_jump( in tasm, bjump( in brass

Thats determined by whatever header it is using, not the assembler.

@harq: remember these are assemblers, not compilers Wink

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours