I need help on where to start because I want to learn to BUILD electronics, I'm at the point where I want to learn to build the #*%@!&+ (if the symbols are not allowed to infer bad words on forums just let me know and I will edit) machine and know how to use it at the same time. I think today I have looked at the TUTORIALS page about ten times in this section and gotten a cardiac arrest every eleven times. Please help me to know where to start because I know absolutely nothing about making electronics.

Thank you in advance to everyone who posts.

EDIT:Well unless you want a very long title I guess I could do that Pseudo
its called electric engineering college major. heheh.
Somebody please help soon.
It's Electrical Engineering, and it's what I'm doing in college.
Well since you know so much about the topic Kerm please help.
(That might sound kind of rude but it is not meant to be I really need help from someone who knows what they are doing.)

EDIT: I fixed the title and I want to major in Computer Sciences.
I first learned about building circuits with RadioShack's ### in One kits - those things were amazing. Let's see if they still make them...

Ah, here we go. This is the closest I can find; I have a version of this, but they called it the 300 In One:

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2102913&cp=2032062.2032398.2032405&parentPage=family
Now I am going to get a heart attack $63!!!

Well I guess I could dish out the bucks, but is it really worth it for someone who knows absolutely nothing?
Mexi1010 wrote:
Now I am going to get a heart attack $63!!!

Well I guess I could dish out the bucks, but is it really worth it for someone who knows absolutely nothing?
It's a *great* way to learn. You get all the basic parts plus breadboards and meters to build stuff, and if their instruction booklets are as good as they used to be, the instructions are both super-easy to understand and explain what you're building well.

My favorite story is when I got my first of the sets, the 30-in-One, and within about 20 minutes I said I had built a radio, and my parents were like "...???". Very Happy
Quote:
KermMartian

My favorite story is when I got my first of the sets, the 30-in-One, and within about 20 minutes I said I had built a radio, and my parents were like "...???".

If I can ever tell that story I will give you $63. Cool
By the way how old were you then?
I dunno, maybe 7? 8? 9? Somewhere in there.
I am going to try to buy that but if it ends up being too expensive are there any online tutorials that you just buy the parts at RadioShack and put them together?
Mexi1010 wrote:
I am going to try to buy that but if it ends up being too expensive are there any online tutorials that you just buy the parts at RadioShack and put them together?
Plenty. With the sharp escalation in RadioShack's prices, though, you're almost better off just getting this - the components will probably end up being much cheaper.
Can you name a good one off the top of your head? (Maybe something you looked at when you started off.)
You'd be tops if you can get your hands on the Forrest (sp?) Mims' Guides.
KermMartian wrote:
I first learned about building circuits with RadioShack's ### in One kits - those things were amazing. Let's see if they still make them...

Ah, here we go. This is the closest I can find; I have a version of this, but they called it the 300 In One:

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2102913&cp=2032062.2032398.2032405&parentPage=family

Dude! I have one of those too, although mine's an older variant. That thing is sweet, totally worth every dime (alright, so it was a gift, but whatever Very Happy )
Do you have the 300-in-One version of this or some later variant?
I honestly don't remember, its been years since I've used it.

Anywho, whats with the topic title? This has nothing to do with Electronic Engineering majors and you most definitely don't need one to understand/help in this thread...

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours