I'm getting a new phone next month some time. I'm not really sure what kind I want. I want something that can take pics and send them to a comp. It would also be cool to play music on it. I'm not really sure about internet, though. The college I'm going to (except for the dorms) has wireless internet. That would be cool if it had a net browser.

There isn't an extra fee to from your phone company to use wireless internet, right? The phone can just pick up a signal already there?
foamy3 wrote:
I'm getting a new phone next month some time. I'm not really sure what kind I want. I want something that can take pics and send them to a comp. It would also be cool to play music on it. I'm not really sure about internet, though. The college I'm going to (except for the dorms) has wireless internet. That would be cool if it had a net browser.

There isn't an extra fee to from your phone company to use wireless internet, right? The phone can just pick up a signal already there?
Depends whether it's internet over the phone network or internet via built-in WiFi. If it's over the cell network, you usually have to pay extra for a data plan.
i would totally get a SLVR, if they were out for Verizon i think they'll come out later. RAZRs are sorta cool, but they are so restricted with verizon. you cant give it the skin you want. the only thing available is the red vCast theme. it sucks!
foamy3 wrote:

Well, the first thing to decide is whether or not you want a flip phone, and then if you want a smartphone or not (as in can you load your own programs and such.) I have the motorola Q and I love it (got it w/ sprint - $40/month for 450 minutes + $15 month for unlimited web/data access - and since I work at target, I get 17% off of that) http://www.motorola.com/mdirect/q/

I also like the KRAZR and most of the MP3 flip phones w/ the buttons on the top, but I haven't really used them much. Although I will say all the other phones out there seem so restricted when trying to use them now, since I am used to having a smartphone Very Happy
I'd rather have a slider that a flip. Basically, these are the two I'm looking at.

http://samsung.com/Products/MobilePhones/Verizon/SPH_I700MSVXAR.asp
http://samsung.com/Products/MobilePhones/Verizon/SCH_I730ZKVXAR.asp

I think I prefer the top one because it has a camera, but the second one has wifi.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours