if i have mozilla thunderbird is it possible to set it up so that i can view my yahoo mail in it? if so how.
there is a way, but you have to pay money to yahoo.
is there any free email hosts that would allow me to do it for free?
lafferjm wrote:
GMail allows pop access, although I never got it to work for some reason.
i think i will try that sometime. if it does not work than i will just delete thunderbird off my flash drive.
I use Thunderbird with GMail, my Uni email, and a few other accounts: both IMAP and POP3 using SSL to connect. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
lafferjm wrote:
GMail allows pop access, although I never got it to work for some reason.

when you type in your e-mail address and click next, Gmail removes the stuff before the '@' sign and places that in the username field, and the stuff after the '@' as mail.domain.ext
If your checking mail, as in say, from cemetech, type in your username you use to get to FTP, the default name - that is (the one your host ORIGINALLY sent you when you first signed up. so it would be pop/mail.defaultFTPname.ext

your username would be your e-mail (a e.x. would be blah@foo.com)

thats what worked for me over at my glanville.info domain...
haha, .info
yes, I became aware of the many sites under that extention when most of the bots at my forum were from a .info website and the content wasn't 'suitable.' I wan't to change it, we have to repay for he domain this comming march... Smile Sad Mixed feelings...
Meh, I find Thunderbird and other external clients to be a bulky, unneeded solution to a problem I don't have. Its faster to just open Firefox, and I can use all of the sites features (such as archiving in gmail)
Kllrnohj wrote:
Meh, I find Thunderbird and other external clients to be a bulky, unneeded solution to a problem I don't have. Its faster to just open Firefox, and I can use all of the sites features (such as archiving in gmail)

I've never used Thunderbird, just replying to Kerm and his problem. But I agree, nothing can top Gmail, its too good for a computer e-mail client thingie. =P Very Happy
some18kanal0n3 wrote:
...[stuff I already knew]...
Yeah, I have all my @cemetech.net accounts configured for Thunderbird that way.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours