I find this interesting, not sure how many other people do. Basically, they survey everyone running Steam to find out their hardware specs. Since I know there are some stat freaks here (*cough, Kerm, cough*), I figured I'd post this:

http://www.steampowered.com/status/survey.html

How does your machine stack up?
yay they often do things like that and is not only the steam even our web browsers do that when they deal with web like for example i could block an user to enter in my websyte if i change the platform for only BlackBox your webbrowser will report for example that uses linux or windows or whatelse... to my websyte and it will not enter because mine will not transmitt info...
i dont have steam, and my comps cant handle it Sad
rayden wrote:
yay they often do things like that and is not only the steam even our web browsers do that when they deal with web like for example i could block an user to enter in my websyte if i change the platform for only BlackBox your webbrowser will report for example that uses linux or windows or whatelse... to my websyte and it will not enter because mine will not transmitt info...

I am well aware of what a web browser submits to a website (not like that can't be faked - hell, there is a firefox extension to make it easy to switch useragents), but if you actually GO to the link, rather than just pulling random crap out of your ass, you would see that that is far from what the steam survey catalogs Rolling Eyes

@Elf: You don't need steam to see the results of the survey - just hit the link Smile
hmm, well, helps me feel a little bit better about my lappy, and especially my desktop. There is one flaw I see in the survey, how do you compare there between a P4 and a Core(2) system?
if i said that opera already brings that function with no pluguin it will not be a new... would it..
it may be built into opera, but not everyone needs it. The thing about firefox I like is that if you don't need a whole ton, there isn't a whole ton in it by default, but if you do, just install a couple of extensions and there you go.
yap fair enought...
Cool stats, Kllrnohj. I fall around average for everything except CPU speed and GFX card (although I'm still near the top on the GFX), Needless to say, I haven't tried to run Steam.
KermMartian wrote:
Cool stats, Kllrnohj. I fall around average for everything except CPU speed and GFX card (although I'm still near the top on the GFX), Needless to say, I haven't tried to run Steam.

What GFX card you got? I'm assuming this isn't your tablet....
@Kerm: pretty much the same,

@'Nohj: but its more fun to participate in a survey :p
Kllrnohj wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

What GFX card you got? I'm assuming this isn't your tablet....
I actually am talking about my tablet - it's got a GeForce FX Go 5500.
Thats near the bottom for gfx, not near the top.... Razz (and do remember that the "Go" variant that you have is slower than the desktop variant of the same model number)
Kllrnohj wrote:
Thats near the bottom for gfx, not near the top.... Razz (and do remember that the "Go" variant that you have is slower than the desktop variant of the same model number)
I had indeed forgotten that, hence my confusion. Oh well.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours