I seem to have gotten a guest invite (w00t, I'm a beta member now Very Happy ) that I can send to someone to free-trial DoD:S. Anyone want it? Its a fun, WWII shooter, and don't worry if you get hooked during the trial - its only $20 to buy Razz

Requirements:
Must meet min specs for DoD:S
Must install Steam (new version is not nearly as bad as the old ones that the horror stories concern)
Must have broadband (sorry dial-upers, but downloading it takes away from your free trial time, and at ~1gb in size, that would probably use up a vast majority of your time Wink )
Must play w/ me Smile

Estimated Download Time:
3mbit: 45 minutes
56k: 42 hours

System Requirements wrote:
Minimum: 1.2 GHz Processor, 256MB RAM, DirectX 7 level graphics card, Windows 2000/XP/ME/98, Mouse, Keyboard, Internet Connection

Recommended: 2.4 GHz Processor, 512MB RAM, DirectX 9 level graphics card, Windows 2000/XP, Mouse, Keyboard, Internet Connection

See www.steampowered.com for Steam ( link to DoD:S page: http://steampowered.com/v/index.php?area=game&AppId=300&cc=US )

FAQ concerning the Guest Pass that I am talking about: http://support.steampowered.com/cgi-bin/steampowered.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=549
I would, but I have enough games to play for now Very Happy
You don't specifically state it, but I infer you get 50 hours of play time?
KermMartian wrote:
You don't specifically state it, but I infer you get 50 hours of play time?

I don't specifically state it because I have no idea. The FAQ doesn't say how much time you get
hmm, that is odd. I don't use windows on my desktop, but don't game much anyways.
They must have updated the FAQ - here is a rough guideline on how much time is received:

Quote:
Each game in the guest passes program may offer a different duration for the free trial license it generates. We expect the duration to usually be on the order of 1-5 days. The time left on your license starts counting down from the time you activate (not the time you accept) the guest pass and you will see the time left on the license displayed within the My Games list or Mini-games view in the Steam client.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours