So I've been working on setting up a box as a PVR with MythTV, and I'm almost done. Everything works, except direct rendering and my remote control seem to be mutually exclusive. Installing the nvidia drivers (it's a 6200 AGP card, btw) changed my kernel from 2.6.17-10-generic to 2.6.17-10-386. I have direct rendering now, but the lirc_dev and lirc_mceusb2 modules can't load.
sudo modprobe lirc_mceusb2 wrote:

WARNING: Error inserting lirc_dev (/lib/modules/2.6.17-10-386/misc/lirc_dev.ko): Invalid module format
FATAL: Error inserting lirc_mceusb2 (/lib/modules/2.6.17-10-386/misc/lirc_mceusb2.ko): Invalid module format

It's LIRC 0.8.1, and it worked perfectly with the generic kernel. I'd really like to get this fixed, because the MythTV interface is slow when there's no direct rendering.
easy, rebuild the modules (re-install them) - that happens every time you upgrade the kernel for all modules Wink
I did, see. Still nothing. At any rate, I gave up on ubuntu and I'm now trying KnoppMyth. If that doesn't work, gentoo it is.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours