I've been assigned a european history project. I have yesterday, today, this weekend, and monday to organize a presentation of John Locke's political philosophy. I was assigned a while ago to research him (just me, not the rest of the class). I had to tell the rest of the class what he did and thought. I now have to organize the actual presentation itself. We decided to do it starwars themed (the old ones, not the new ones). Anyway, I'm making some props but need some help. At the end of return of the jedi, luke is in an X-wing going after the death star. What are the bad guys (and Vader) in? I can't find the names or any pictures. I also don't have the movie, so I can't just watch it and see...
TIE Fighters...
Return of the Jedi:

Luke, Vader and the Emporer were on the deathstar at the end... You must be thinking about a New Hope. I believe that Vader was in a TIE Interceptor (Sleek wing design) and the other two pilots were in normal TIE Fighters. I can give pics if you want...
Perfect! Thanks, calc84maniac! The google image results were excellent!

These are the pics I got for interceptor:

I don't think that's right. Vader didn't have the pointy front, did he? I thought he had one of these.
/me just spent 15 minutes reading Wikipedia's TIE Fighter article. What was this thread about, again? Laughing Rolling Eyes http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TIE_Fighter
foamy3 wrote:
Perfect! Thanks, calc84maniac! The google image results were excellent!

These are the pics I got for interceptor:

I don't think that's right. Vader didn't have the pointy front, did he? I thought he had one of these.

Oh snap, that's right. Vader had a special TIE fighter made for him...

Yeah, number 2 is the correct one...
Well, thanks again, guys! I got a bunch of cardboard boxes from work, so I should have three of these made and colored by monday. Wink I really hope this goes well.
Cool. Use Testors Enamel Paint to color them! Now I love this stuff... Very Happy
KermMartian wrote:
Cool. Use Testors Enamel Paint to color them! Now I love this stuff... Very Happy

Due to time restraints I'm kind of stuck with sharpies... I'm going to cover the cardboard in wrapping paper(inside out, so it's all white). Then I'll Sharpie the black parts.
Good idea (I seem to have forgotten my Just Joking tags on that previous post, too. Smile )
NICE WORK!!!

so, first of http://www.starwars.com/databank is an excellent resource (you want the starships category and tie advanced x1). standard tie fighters have the straight wings. Darth Vader's custom TIE fighter is referred to as the TIE-Advanced x1. it was actually a prototype for the TIE avengers which were later phased out by the better known tie interceptors.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours