What should I use?
Federa
 0%  [ 0 ]
Ubuntu
 100%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 10

bfr wrote:
But why is Fedora so large? I would think that it would be packed with awesome features and would be better than Ubuntu if it's going to be about five times its size.

Because it comes with the entire repository so that only minimal downloading is required. Debian used to have ~12 CDs per release, but only the first 2 were needed to install Debian and get a full GUI (KDE and/or GNOME). However, the problem is that software gets outdated rather quickly, so you will be downloading a lot of updates anyway Wink
Ubuntu wins by a nose. I've found the FC installation to be long and possibly confusing for a n00b, whereas Ubuntu is completely painless.
Those look like car names... Laughing
calc84maniac wrote:
Those look like car names... 0x5
... ok, Calc84, thanks for that contribution. Very Happy Razz
No problem. Very Happy
yeah, the Ubuntu GUI>>>Ubuntu Text>>>Fedora Install.
FC6 was easy for me to install. It has a GUI (FC5 had a GUI as well) and is quite nice. Fedora isn't limited to yum either. The first thing I did when using FC6 was "yum install synaptic" though, which provides both the GUI and command line apt-get. Also, concerning the Live CD, there is an FC6 live cd now.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours