er... a minor in computer repair?
Computer repair? I had a minor in that when I was 12 years old and scavanging parts out of computers on the street to build into full comps. Razz
kirb wrote:
I have applied to RPI (I find out in mid-November) and I plan to apply to Carnegie Mellon, Cornell, WPI, as well as some other schools. I already have a $15,000/yr scholarship to RPI, and it's my first choice, so it's where I'll probably end up going.

RPI is my first choice as well. It would be awesome if we both ended up going there. I'm also planning on applying to:

URochester
Cornell
Bucknell
Lehigh
Lafayette
Brown
UMass Amherst
I am just kind of wondering if anyone else here is interested in Artificial Intelligence (especially learning AI - inductive learning and genetic programming).
Just finished taking the SAT today; IT'S TOO F*UCKING LONG!!!!!!!!! Shock
Haha, I took the SAT when I was in 8th grade, so that was the year before they made it the "new" SAT. I didn't really find it that hard, except for the math that I hadn't learned yet.
I took it in 7th grade; I was not 5 HOURS LONG!!!!!!!!1111one
I'm leaving for a college visit in a matter of minutes. If any of you are going to Millersville University tomorrow, maybe I'll see you there. Smile
Never heard of it.
I'm almost done with my application for NC State...need to dig out some more info. from papers somewhere in my attic...
I was thinking that with everyone going to college, this might be a good summer for the CPC...
might, except I am not going far for college. I am applying to the local Community College (now I just have to sign up for the ACT).
I got my results for the SAT; I'm fairly shocked to say the least:

Total: 1830

Critical Reading 580
Math 660
Writing 590
Multiple Choice 56 (score range: 20-80)
Essay 9 (score range: 2-12)

So, that would be like a 1240 on the old test... (at least I did good on the essay...)
congrats. I don't plan on taking the SAT at all (not required for college I am applying to).
Not sure how it compares to the SAT, but I just got my ACT scores back. I got a 34 (up from a 31, and a 36 is the max)
oh wow, that is really good.
Kllrnohj wrote:
Not sure how it compares to the SAT, but I just got my ACT scores back. I got a 34 (up from a 31, and a 36 is the max)
Ah well, I guess not all of us can be perfect. Wink Just Joking Excellent job, Kllrnohj.
KermMartian wrote:
Ah well, I guess not all of us can be perfect. Wink Just Joking Excellent job, Kllrnohj.

haha, you should take the ACT just to compare Razz But yeah, I'm really happy with the score I got - no need to take it again Very Happy
I actually considered taking one of the ACT practice tests at one point just to see how I would do. I just may do so, in fact...
You would probably do good on it because i am still in high school and took it and did real good on it. It was very easy except for the math i did not know because i was still in algebra 2.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours