This a psychological theory I have just written. its only about 1.35 pages long, I'm not very happy at that length...
Anyways... I was bored today, and I decided to write how I viewed the world and the many moods that it contains. Or, Mood Zones.

Key words are bolded sooo yeah... here we are... My second theory for all to critisize...

Mood Zones - By Alex Glanville
Intriguing. It really makes you think about things in a new way, as if there's some kind of invisible underlying force that almost controls our society, though it is created by us. It's like there's this spectre (the energy or force that is a zone), but the spectre is amorphous-- it can change into different types of zones that interact with us differently.

I like how you talk about how zones don't have a definite shape-- they are like liquids that just kind of flow. They can be separated by walls or large geographical features like mountains or oceans, but sometimes the essence of a zone can still flow over or through these things.

Keep going. I really think you could do a lot with this. There are tons of different types of subzones that you could explore.
I do plan too. I was dissapointed that I got a page and a half. (Don't know if I said that). So during Physics I was thinking of ways I could add on to it. And I did. I'll post again when I update.

When you said the zones form like liquid, maybe I should state that fluid dynamics could be applied to determine the movement or expansion of a zone. Thanks for some ideas MDR. I'll get going on it now. =P
You've got some fascinating ideas going in there; keep developing it. I've been doing some deep brooding on the meaning of life (no, seriously) lately, so I might post up some of my thoughts on the topic and related issues
Love to read em Kerm =P. Post those ASAP! =P
I do believe I have finished my Mood Zones paper. Please read it and tell me what you think. I thought I was finisghed last night, but this morning I was doing my History HW and an airliner, couple thousand feet up, flew over my hosue, and it distracted the living daylights outa me. So I knew I had to add the effect of sound.

Everything below the "twin zone"/"sister zone" paragraph is new. I also added on to some paragraphs above it. Enjoy reading! Please, I beg of you, I want to know what you guys think. Wink Idea Idea
Just updated. For those of you who read it, within the week, (21-25), I changed 80dB's to an undefined value. Why, because when I read why Kerms mod for phpBB was rejected (Hard-coding), I thought, nothing should be set, especially in a theory, so I gave it an undefined vaule. Works better, less complaits on why it shouldn't be 80dB's or something. Please do comment!

If you specify that you don't want to be added on the Mood Zones 'Comments/Feed Back' section, just say so, shoulda said that a while ago. =D
I never read your paper, but you do know that dB is a relative scale, and that 80dBs can be anything from ultra-silent-barely-hear able to atomic-bomb-next-to-your-ear loud, right?
I do now! =D another reason why I changed it. =D Thanks for the heads-up, keep that in mind for future things mate =P.
I'm sorry, but that essay is just what I call "intellectual masturbation." You are clearly a very smart and pensive person, and this paper shows it, but at the same time your ideas are not terribly well thought-out and amount to little more than a slightly refined stream of conciousness and it makes very little sense. You have a vague idea of a theory, but it is never explicitly defined and nothing is really explained -- things are merely described (which may well have been your only goal). The reason I say this is mastubation is because you derive pleasure from playing with yourself, or rather, your own mind, and seeing what it can produce, even if you don't entirely understand it. Just do it in private and don't subject us until you have a truely quality product Wink Smile
This isn't really that novel of a concept--any good sociology class will teach you this.
XD Very funny. Really, it is. Made me laugh jpez. Yeah, now that you mention it, it isn't well 'described,' that is kind of how I intended it to be. I haven't really thought some of it though. I'll do some more thourogh(?) thinking and provide more 'defined' ideas.

I was going to put I made the final edit when I said I updated it, but I felt that I could still do more or be told I could still do more. And I know what I can do to improve it.

I certainly do 'masturbate' in the way you put it.

I'd like to see what you have to say about my idea on Time and Parallel Universes =P.
allynfolksjr wrote:
This isn't really that novel of a concept--any good sociology class will teach you this.

Sociology eh?! I'll be taking that class next year. Psychology this year.
Sorry the late reply allynfolksjr, had to post then leave for dinner Neutral

@Jpez: Thanks for an honest comment =D.
some18kanal0n3 wrote:
allynfolksjr wrote:

Sociology eh?! I'll be taking that class next year. Psychology this year.

That class? Oh right--you're still in high school.
@some18: Don't double post - use the little "edit" button
I know of it =/. It was like... an hour later... I edit all 60% of my posts usually. I was also responding to another reply, so I kinda felt that it wasn't a bad thing Rolling Eyes Next time I'll only double post if its a day or so later =X.

@ally: Yep, 11th grade (Like who all here cares what grade i'm in XD).
While I agree that the concept you're trying to get across here (cultural zones and boundaries) is in no way novel, I do feel the way you described it has original merit and bears some development.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours