amen to that. I think it would be hard to give up my keyboard though, being I have a nice one that is naturally shaped
I believe they mentioned on that 'answers' page that they want it to eventually come in a natural-shaped flavor.
well, make it cheap ( i should look at the iste) and I think I might buy it (as long as I don't lose a USB 2.0 slot to it
Yah I am going to look into it and wait till its out, then buy it definatly. but I'll keep my old keyboard just incase kerms right about them not being reliable. Looks great but it may not be. Hopefully it'll be what we hope it to be.

-Swivel
rivereye wrote:
well, make it cheap ( I should look at the iste) and I think I might buy it (as long as I don't lose a USB 2.0 slot to it

of course its USB 2.0! what kind of silly question is that? Rolling Eyes Razz
I was gonna say that too, but I thought it went without saying. Smile
I guess it will have to be, (the one I use is PS/2 though)
Pre-orders start Dec. 12, 2006.
Sweet! Any word on how much it's gonna be? Are they still saying ~$150?
Nobody knows yet, although there are rumors going around that it's between $160-$400.
Razz Oh yeah, that's nice and specific. For that price, they'd better be prepackaging a ton of layout templates for different programs.
Oh, and the 10 programmable keys on the left side of the keyboard won't be available until the Optimus-113 model comes out Sad
cool that it is coming out, not cool on price or the 10 buttons thing. I would like to get one, would be sweet.

Btw, do they plan to allow this to run in Linux at all or not?
Yes; the keyboard shows up as both a storage device and as a generic USB keyboard (the config files and keymaps are stored on the keyboard and can be accessed by "mounting" the keyboard Very Happy)

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours