Somehow I seem to have gotten PHP to dump core, haven't I?

Not necessarily - whats in the error log?
I did some research, and what I made happen with a certain infinite loop was PHP to crash. Apparently it crashes in such a way that it dumps all current state and variable data into those core.nnnn files. I somehow managed to do it in a loop that pushed elements onto an array; it seems I accidentally made it an infinite loop, but it should have just come up with a Max Execution Time error. I guess PHP isn't bugfree then. Razz Just for reference:
http://www.zend.com/tips/tips.php?id=170&single=1
The fact that you can get it to crash accidentally is a pretty bad sign...
proegssilb wrote:

Um... what other ways are there of causing things to crash? Its always accidentally Rolling Eyes

@Kerm: You might ask your host to update your PHP version, although I doubt they will
proegssilb wrote:
Agreed, and I have no idea precisely what I did. I can only imagine that PHP segfaulted on me. Very Happy
@Kllrnohj: yeah, I doubt it as well, but I suppose it's worth a try. Keep in mind that every new version introduces its own new set of bugs. Razz

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours