umm perhaps it is just because im new to the project but i have a couple of questions.

1. after optimizing how do you export to your computer? when i go to save and export my internet explorer just crashes.

2. when editing a program sourcecoder says its right but when i send it to my calc (edited with graph link) it gives me a ton of errors. is there a way to fix this?

thank you for the great optimization site and i hope this stays around for a long time,
gondorf
1. Don't use Internet Explorer. Please. Use Firefox 2.0 instead - it's faster, safer, more stable, more expandable and flexible, and this site, including SourceCoder2, are optimized for it. http://www.getfirefox.com . Having said that, there is a bug that Falcon let me know about in Export; I'm currently working on fixing it. It should be fixed by this evening.

2. SourceCoder doesn't check that your syntax is correct. It only checks that you have proper conditional and loop structure within your code.
what i mean is that i have the syntax correct but after optimizing it isnt anymore. however i found the problem. when copy pasting from sourcecoder to graph link it is direct as in it where it places a pause and i copy paste it literally says pause in letters instead of the command pause. so when it goes through it was like i typed it all in with alpha instead of adding commands.
Yeah, therefore you should use the exporter. Smile I'm still working to get that fixed.

Edit: all fixed; you should be good to go.
cool thank you

umm another question

why is it that when i go to optimize some programs it actually optimizes them to be bigger?

this was the line i got:

Optimized from 9839 bytes to 13355 bytes, saving -3516 bytes or -35.7% of the original size.

?????

Edit by Rivereye: Please don't double post.
thats a bug with sourcecoder, it doesn't actually get bigger.
yeah, I believe Kerm is working on it (also, please do not double post).
elfprince13 wrote:
thats a bug with sourcecoder, it doesn't actually get bigger.
One that I actually thought I had repaired, in fact. This bugs me, so I'm going to go check it out now after I finish replying to new posts.
would sending in a copy of the program help? perhaps someone else found a better optimization technique that could be integrated.
Allow me to reiterate: it optimizes perfectly. The only thing wrong is the number that it determines for the optimization factor. If you actually compare the code, you'll see that it got smaller.
sry i just wasnt sure because when i updated to the optimized version( yay for exporter) the amount of tokens actually did go up majorly and it actually did take more space on the calc.

but if you say so then go sourcecoder!!!

i think i will stop talking now
gondorf
Oh wait, seriously? Are you sure? If so, then the bug could be that the optimizer is not reading its optimization table correctly. Thanks for pointing that out!
well, then the optimizer might be displaying the right thing.
original: 9k
after 1 optimize and export: 13k
after 2 optimize export: 12k

hmm wierd
starcom wrote:
original: 9k
after 1 optimize and export: 13k
after 2 optimize export: 12k

hmm wierd
And these are all oncalc checks? Hmmmm.... I have a feeling I know what's causing this, but I'll need to do a few tracebacks.
also i noticed that the name of the program got changed from maprog to fixradiannormal

this has to be wierd. or maybe not too wierd
That would indeed be another bug. Added to todo list for the next few days.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours