http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5517942312906824233

This is the worst thing since the communist witch hunts and Japanese interment camps of 50-60 years ago. I don't know how the administration can get away with this. Whether you're right or left, it doesn't matter, this is bad news for everyone.

This picture is beginning to ring more true everyday.

old news.....thats more than a week old by now.... Im not sure if its worse that it got passed or that it took you this long to find out...
Why are you whining?
"The Privilege of the Writ of Habeas Corpus shall not be suspended, unless when in Cases of Rebellion or Invasion the public Safety may require it."

Also, the Military Commissions Act of 2006 only suspends the right for *non*citizens.
allynfolksjr wrote:
Why are you whining?
"The Privilege of the Writ of Habeas Corpus shall not be suspended, unless when in Cases of Rebellion or Invasion the public Safety may require it."

because he's obviously scared that all his subversive calculator programming will get him marked as a terrorist Rolling Eyes
allynfolksjr wrote:
Why are you whining?

Also, the Military Commissions Act of 2006 only suspends the right for *non*citizens.
Yeah, like Brazucs for example?
Oh, and since when has Bush shown any inclination at all to follow the Constitution?
elfprince13 wrote:
allynfolksjr wrote:
Why are you whining?

because he's obviously scared that all his subversive calculator programming will get him marked as a terrorist Rolling Eyes

Except that I'm assuming he's a US citizen, so that won't apply.
I'll admit that it took me a while to find out, but it still doesn't diminish it's impact.

I'm aware that the line in the constitution reads like that, but Habeas Corpus has been upheld since Grant. Why stop that now?

What exactly are our soldiers fighting for if the rights that they are protecting are being taken down by our own government. The price of freedom isn't cheap, but it's worth dying for.
Chipmaster wrote:
I'll admit that it took me a while to find out, but it still doesn't diminish it's impact.

I'm aware that the line in the constitution reads like that, but Habeas Corpus has been upheld since Grant. Why stop that now?

What exactly are our soldiers fighting for if the rights that they are protecting are being taken down by our own government. The price of freedom isn't cheap, but it's worth dying for.

What rights? It doesn't apply to citizens of the United States! sheesh!
Right, so obviously if you're an upstanding member of society with a spotless record who's never gotten citizenship, you're an evil foreigner and deserve none of the rights America used to stand for.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_Commissions_Act_of_2006

Quote:
The neutrality of this article is disputed.
Please see the discussion on the talk page.
Er, congratulations?
KermMartian wrote:
Right, so obviously if you're an upstanding member of society with a spotless record who's never gotten citizenship, you're an evil foreigner and deserve none of the rights America used to stand for.

Exactly. So much for the land of the free.
allynfolksjr wrote:
Er, congratulations?

somehow that just strikes me as rather amusing, also the article is extremely informative.
Chipmaster wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Exactly. So much for the land of the free.

The land of the free has to have a line somewhere... Seymour used to be a nice town with out too much trouble, and was fairly clean... Now with the slew of Mexicans walking the streets, things have gotten bad... Sad

I still need to go get my pistol permit... <.<
elfprince13 wrote:
allynfolksjr wrote:
Er, congratulations?

somehow that just strikes me as rather amusing, also the article is extremely informative.

Because it didn't add anything that I didn't already know...
elfprince13 wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_Commissions_Act_of_2006

Quote:
The neutrality of this article is disputed.
Please see the discussion on the talk page.
Even more interesting than the article itself, in my opinion, is the Discussion page on it. Check it out:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Military_Commissions_Act_of_2006

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours