Kllrnohj wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:
anyway here's my outline of how it should work:

Code:

"123FE9":Asm(prgmDcslib
:Ans->A "The address of the the sprite to use as a register value for Ion sprite routines
:{vectortableaddress,registervalues}:Asm(prgmDcslib

Why bother with all the Asm() calls? Kerm, can't you just have DCS set up a hook for some function like Omnicalc does?

he could, but that slows down the program more than does the occasional Asm() and competes with Omnicalc/Symbolic/xLib/etc
Definitely. I like the idea of using the Asm() method to call into the App the best.
anyway, continue explaining SE and ALEs....
kk, so the main problem with SEs is that they can slow down the mouse a bit, particularly if you have a lot of them running.

ALEs are essentially SOS external libraries: DCS reads a vector table at the beginning of the ALE, then copies that table to the end of the Ion vector table. I'm phasing out ALEs in the hope that people will just suggest libs to be included in DCS itself.
KermMartian wrote:
kk, so the main problem with SEs is that they can slow down the mouse a bit, particularly if you have a lot of them running.

shouldn't be a problem with a Basic program.... Rolling Eyes

what else do I need to know?
Come to think of it, it doesn't really make logical sense to give BASIC program access to the Shell Expansion system, only the MOS and GUI items. I need to decide whether or not BASIC programs should be allowed to call GUIMouse, or just render GUI items. The problem with the mouse would be returning data back to the BASIC program.
KermMartian wrote:
Come to think of it, it doesn't really make logical sense to give BASIC program access to the Shell Expansion system, only the MOS and GUI items. I need to decide whether or not BASIC programs should be allowed to call GUIMouse, or just render GUI items. The problem with the mouse would be returning data back to the BASIC program.

use a complex list,

{x+yi,1 or 2 or 0 for mousedown depending on button
But that's not what the GUI system returns. It returns another stack of data, including booleans, integers, text, etc.
KermMartian wrote:
But that's not what the GUI system returns. It returns another stack of data, including booleans, integers, text, etc.

put it in a comma delimited strin....
Now there's an idea for ya. Hrmmm.

:: Character deletion
:: Character insertion
:: Move Right
:: Move Left
:: Move Up
:: Move Down
:: Page Up
:: Page Down
:: End-of-line misalignment.
KermMartian wrote:
Now there's an idea for ya. Hrmmm.

:: Character deletion
:: Character insertion
:: Move Right
:: Move Left
:: Move Up
:: Move Down
:: Page Up
:: Page Down
:: End-of-line misalignment.

is this a bug list?

also, regarding comma delimited string:: it may be a bad idea if Text is getting returned...
It's a completed-feature/debugged-feature list. Green=done, red=pending.

Why would that....oh.
KermMartian wrote:
It's a completed-feature/debugged-feature list. Green=done, red=pending.

Why would that....oh.

exactly, so we need something creative for this one.
I always like to use the Plots symbols, cross, box, and dot. Eh?
KermMartian wrote:
I always like to use the Plots symbols, cross, box, and dot. Eh?

what if someone enters that as text?
Aha! It's not available as a symbol for text entry. Wink
Sounds good to me.

Also, instead of two space buttons, what if you made one do a special character. Like an exclamation point or a semi colon or something.
I have a ! already. I see that I still need ;, {, and }.
KermMartian wrote:
Aha! It's not available as a symbol for text entry. Wink

but people could prolly add it in there own programs via character menus(like the TI apps do)
Actually, if you take a look at this, you'll see that it's impossible to add it to a text input string unless it was already there before input:

http://dcs.cemetech.net/index.php?Text_Input

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 4 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours