I installed a game, but when I go to uninstall, it won't. The uninstal screen comes up and it asks me if I'm sure I want to uninstal. I say yes and it shows a status bar. The bar stays at 0% for a while, then the whole uninstalation screen closes and it said it uninstalled successfully. I checked my hd, and everything is still there.

I've done this several times. I would just go into windows explorer and delete it manually, but I'm not sure if that would delete it from the start menu or not.

Any ideas what the problem is or what I could do? I googled it but couldn't find anything.

btw, the game is Tron 2.0
You could try reinstalling it and then uninstalling it - but why? Just delete the files, and delete the startmenu entries (you can just rightclick->delete straight from the startmenu). Then go to add/remove programs in the control panel, and attempt to uninsall it. Windows should say "can't find uninstaller, do you want to remove from list?". Hit yes, and you shouldn't ever see Tron 2.0 mentioned again on your system Smile
Thanks. I deleted it and the start menu thing. The only problem is on the add/remove program list. When I click "change/remove" the window just flashes and nothing happens.

Even if I can't fix that, at least I got my 2gb back Smile
You could probably do it with some careful registry editing, but I think I wouldn't recommend that. Just be content with a pointless entry and you won't have to worry about accidentally ruining something in the registry. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
You could probably do it with some careful registry editing, but I think I wouldn't recommend that. Just be content with a pointless entry and you won't have to worry about accidentally ruining something in the registry. Smile

Good enough for me Very Happy
I think TweakUI has a place to edit the list in add/remove programs, but that might be one of the Windows Resource Kits I'm thinking of; It's been a while since I used Tweak UI
Does it really matter? How often do you use the add/remove list anyway? I usually just launch whatever uninstaller the program provided rather than going through the add/remove programs section...
yeah, but not all programs come with one. That is the preffered method actually for uninstalling.
Preferred by WHO? By Microsoft? The uninstaller that comes with the program (and pretty much all that come with an installer have an uninstaller) is the exact same one that add/remove programs launches. So is it preferred? Hardly, its identical.
don't know where I read it from, but it was said that it is preffered to use it over add/remove.
TweakUI is a rather fun tool; that's how I was able to remove the undeletable "AOL Install" link from My Computer. Bah @ AOL.
KermMartian wrote:
TweakUI is a rather fun tool; that's how I was able to remove the undeletable "AOL Install" link from My Computer. Bah @ AOL.

AOL just sucks and don't even try to cancel your accounts lol
KermMartian wrote:

More like bah @ your OEM for installng that in the first place. AOL just paid for advertising, it was your comp's manufacturer that force you to be stuck with it...

Oh, and get TweakUI and the other PC PowerToys here -> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx (for those that didn't know about them Smile )
My favorite PowerToy is the Physics Illustrator for TPC. And yes, I know it's Toshiba's fault, but it's also AOL's fault for existing in the first place.
My fav powertoy is the OpenCMDHere Smile
Ah yes, that's also a good one. The problem with that is I find I don't actually use it, so I just uninstalled it.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours