AND may i ask what that assignment was? Razz
A lab Razz
Hmm...I've started looking for colleges today; Georgia Tech's looking preety good right now: It's warm down there, and it's ranked as the sixth best school for engineering in the country. And I was really surprised that North Carolina State University was ranked #32 on the list.
Just got a 96 on a test in Technology and Society Very Happy Cool

Oh, and my principal accepted my request for Early Graduation Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
And apparently there are 2 other people who are graduating early along with me...I wonder who they could be?
Okay, I just realized something; when I apply for college, I wouldn't have taken the AP Exams yet Shock (that's probably not good....)

Also, as a result of the serval B's that I got this year, my weighted GPA is still a 4.0, but my unweighted GPA is pathetic...
Do you realize that you have made 4 posts in a row, 3 of them atleast 3 days apart? I bet having no AP clasees will take your chances down a bit, just go for normal graduation Wink .
Yes I realize that I have 4 posts in a row...nobody would answer!

Quote:
just go for normal graduation

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!! And spend a whole nother year in high school?! Fuck that Razz (I understand what you're saying though)
Okay, I've finished both of my classes Very Happy

I finished with an A and a B, and I didn't have to (read: couldn't) take the final for GEL 120, but I still got a B Razz
Well, that's not the end of the world. What exactly is your "pathetic" unweighted GPA?? And where are you going to college next year?
My unweighted GPA is 3.1 <bows head in shame for disregarding school too much last year> However, I should see a nice inflation with these two classes being added to my high school transcript Very Happy

As for college, I haven't quite decided yet. I might apply to MIT just for the fun of it, NC State as a last resort, *maybe* a school in Japan (or an International Study Program; the one at Georgia Tech looks really good.)
MIT might be kind of tough to get into with that GPA.
Well, I intend to raise it up quite a bit this upcoming year Very Happy

Seriously though, in reality my high school grades are too low to get into MIT, however if I transfer from a college to MIT, say in my senior year, I'd have a much better chance of getting in. Plus, it would be way cheaper Good Idea

EDIT: With my college classes averaged in, my unweighted GPA is a 3.2. It's getting better! Very Happy Laughing Razz
Ah, nice. My schools absolute max grade was 4.0. My unweighted GPA ended up being just under 3.8; they didn't do weighted GPAs, because they didn't rank.
Weighted GPA's are generally worthless unless you attend a state college/university within the same state as your high school.
I beg to disagree. Weighted GPA's are incredible. Without them, I would have to compete with kids in classes where the most difficult assignment is to tie your shoe. Heck, I would BE in those classes just to get an A+ in every single class!
You sure you're not confusing weighted GPA with the difficulty of the class, i.e. AP courses? Because almost no one honors a 6.0 GPA.
Yup, I'm sure. And colleges recognize GPA's up to 5.8 from our school. Very Happy
Which colleges?!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 5 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours