Well, yesterday, I go looking for the new Terry Goodkind book, Phantom. I first go to the place where I normally get my books, and come to find out that they no longer sell books anymore... Mad The jerks... So I go to Wal-mart. I go to the book section, they have books 8 and 9 up, but not 10. Mad They need to die... Anyways, I decided to check out the Borders Outlet that is in the outlet store, and when I show up, the building is empty. Mad Of course, I am not too happy, so I call the nearest book store, and they tell me they are not expecting it for another 2 weeks... 2 WEEKS!! What kind of crap are they doin up there... Mad So I have decided to start sending emails to Borders and see if they might be willing to set up a decent sized bookstore/cafe like they have in Indianapolis (Which is about 70 miles to get to) so we can have a decent bookstore in the area.

There, I guess I am done ranting now...
Oh man, so happy I live where I do. I bet I could find that book in 10 minutes without ever getting on a subway or bus. Smile
We got a HUUGGEEE barns and nobles book store less than 10 minutes away, and a small borders less than 5 minutes away. Between those two, I am never far from the book I need Smile (Not to meantion the 3 story library thats 4 minutes away Wink )
Heh, Well, like I said, I am gonna email them, see if they wont put one in. It would be awesome, cause the closest place to actually see a decent bookstore is 50 miles away or more. Sad

Anyways, the books should be here by Friday. ^_^
Oh right, did I mention the several million books the NYC public library system owns? Smile
Well, There is like 40 people already waiting on the one book our library is trying to get... I of course said to h311 with that, cause I have already waited a year for this book, I am so not waiting another 6 months.

My mom got mad cause I went ahead and bought the book. Said it was a waste of money. I said ORLY? I think fingernail polish is a waste of money, buying more gold rings is a waste of money, buying lots of alcohol, drgs, and smokes are a waste of money (no one in my fam does drgs btw) so be glad that I would rather buy books. Smile Needless to say, I won that arguement. Very Happy

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours