I found a copy of Tron 2.0 for $6 and couldn't pass it up. I took it home and installed it, but it said I needed directx 9 and a hardware t&l graphics card to play it. For some reason, the uninstaller won't work either. I run it and it says it's finished, but everything is still there.

Anyway, is there a program or something that I can download to check if my card supports T&L? I'm pretty sure I have directx 9.+

Stupid integrated graphics... <_<
If you have Intel integrated graphics, then you've got a problem:
http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-011910.htm
Having directX 9 installed and having a directx 9 compatible video card are two VERY different things.

If you have intel integrated graphics, then curse intel for making the worst intergrated graphics chip ever. Your only option is to buy a new video card. If you have an AGP slot and ~$80, you can get a fairly decent card that will play even brand new games like Oblivion - if you don't have an AGP slot, or the newer PCI-Express slot, its a bit harder and potentially more expensive.

Oh, and Hardware T&L has been around for ~10 years Wink
Yeah, it's an intel chip... Oh well, thanks guys. I'm probably going to start building a computer pretty soon so I guess Tron will have to wait. Very Happy

Oh well, it was only $6.
true, I hate dealing with people who have Intell video (I see more on laptops more than anything). I prefer motherboards with that kind of thing not built in, makes it easier to change.
Ugh, I too hate Intel integrated video, hence my <3ing of my tablet's nVidia GeForce gfx card.
I got this comp as a christmas gift. It was a nice thought, but buying someone else a computer as a surprise isn't a good idea. Especially if you don't know anything about comps...

This is an HP that came from WalMart...
Intergrated is only a problem when A) it is made by Intel and B) doesn't have an AGP or PCI-E slot to allow for upgrading. If it has an AGP or PCI-E slot, then intergrated can make sense if you are low on funds (but only if its not an intel Wink )
I have Intel integrated graphics on my older comp (remember the one that I painted flames on? Very Happy) What a pain in the a it was to configure >_< Except that comp didn't have an AGP slot in it, so I'm planning on dismantling it and keeping only what's useable, or just leave it as a backup computer for school...
Either that, or install nix and use it as a server.
thats true, don't need much to run a Linux box really.
Exactly. For example, I can run SAX, some tracking and stats, and Blockland on Cemetech0 simultaneously with almost no problems, and it's only 400MHz/ 192mb of RAM.
Quote:

It is running *nix Confused
KermMartian wrote:

You know, us *nix users sometimes like to get our game on too! Lets see that Cemetech-0 system run Doom3 or Quake4 Razz
Psh, good luck with that. It would crash faster than a toaster in a hailstorm. It might be able to host a dedicated console of one of those without huge problems, though.
I tried doing that; it didn't work for me in *nix or Windows (but it did work for me in Linux as a graphical server).
KermMartian wrote:
Psh, good luck with that. It would crash faster than a toaster in a hailstorm. It might be able to host a dedicated console of one of those without huge problems, though.

Actually, I doubt you even meet the specs just to run a dedicated server for either Smile

Unfortunately, a quick search didn't reveal any dedicated server downloads (which are usually released for free) for either Doom 3 or Quake 4 (which is based on the Doom 3 engine)

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours