you have got to check this game out. even though it has to be downloaded it is a beast game. (check it out)
The site looks nicely designed. Looks like it's A MMORG, cool.
I might try it out once I have more time (too much work to do for now)
MMORPG? I don't like those games. They are n00b magnets.
hmm, i'll have to try that out... Open source AND with a linux port? Thats enough for me Wink
The only MMO* game that I like is Blockland, but it's much more of a MMOSG than a MMORPG.
KermMartian wrote:
The only MMO* game that I like is Blockland, but it's much more of a MMOSG than a MMORPG.

Blockland isn't an MMO, nub Rolling Eyes
it is noob or newb but not nub.
lafferjm wrote:
it is noob or newb but not nub.

yeah...umm...who died and made you internet 1337 sp34k king?

(oh, and nub is a common, and accepted, variant of newbie, albeit more friendly and jokingly than the insulting n00b)
Kllrnohj wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Blockland isn't an MMO, nub Rolling Eyes
It's massively multiplayer, and the last time I checked it was "online" as in networked...
KermMartian wrote:
It's massively multiplayer, and the last time I checked it was "online" as in networked...

its NOT massive multiplayer, its just multiplayer. Massive refers to 1,000+ simultaneous users on a single server... blockland can do what? 32?
No, I believe 255 is the limit.
KermMartian wrote:
No, I believe 255 is the limit.

Actually its 64, but 255 is still drastically less than the MMO designation requires.
Oh? What limit defines a game as MM then?
KermMartian wrote:
Oh? What limit defines a game as MM then?

There isn't really a specific limit Kerm, but MMO games typically have thousands of players, there are only official servers (as in you can't create your own server, but only use one of the server farms from the developer), and have no mods or server rules options (for example, the starting money amount in scorch)

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours