(I have an 84+SE.)

This doesn't really fit into the BASIC or ASM forums, so I put it here.

I know there are things liike a ~, an upside-down !, even an upside-down ?. So, my question, I guess, is "How do I get at and use these?"
http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/384/38404.html

Download that program, execute prgmCHARGUI and scroll through the list until you see the one you want, and then press ENTER. It is stored in Str4.

To recall it inside a program, go to the line you want to recall it on, press 2nd, Sto, Vars, 7, 4 and the character should be displayed.
I concur with TiFreak8x.
To store more than one character, store Str4 into another string like Str1. Whenever you use CHARGUI again, just do Str1 + Str4 -> Str1.
Good Idea Excellent addition, something1990, I had forgotten about that.

Code:

" ->Str1
For(G,1,131
prgmSYMBOL
Str1+Str4->Str1
End

That is off the top of my head, should work though... I will check on my calc, see if it even has SYMBOL still on it...

Edit: now it works. Smile You just have to delete the space at the begining of Str1, the sub( command didn't want to work, and I really don't feel like trying to figure out why right now...
You don't even need to do that... running Symbol should give you Str0 with all the chars in it.
No it wont Kerm, I changed it, remember?

Code:
sub("ÁÀÂÄáàâäÉÈÊËéèêìÌÎÏíìîïÓÒÔÖãâäæÚÙÛÜêéëìÇçÑá´`¨¿¡αβγΔΔελμρσφΩ[phat]χFabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzστÃŒ[[LastToken]]",G,1)→Str4

It will only store what ever G is equal to.
Oh that's right. Huh, well, I guess your code should do it then.
lol, I know it will, since I used the same thing to get all the characters for the sprite stuff for AODR.

You know what, I think I will make that an official add on to the program... Just need to make it delete that first spot in Str1, and that shouldn't be super hard...
Sure, let me just run that through SC2, pack it up, and update the ticalc.org file.
Let me complete the problem with the extra space at the begining, or are you just going to leave as is, and call it prgmALLSYM, and put in the readme about the first character being a space??

Code:
"[space]->Str1
For(G,1,131
prgmSYMBOL
Str1+Str4->Str1
End
sub(Str1,2,length(Str1)-1-->Str1
I wonder if Calc Man even read your responses. Confused
I did. What, do you think I wouldn't look for responses to my own question? Laughing
jpez wrote:
I wonder if Calc Man even read your responses. Confused
Why, because we were rambling? It was still marginally ontopic... Sad
There maybe a couple posts that weren't entirely ontopic, but for the most part, we just simply gave him two ways to get what he wants, either one at a time, or all at once. Wink

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours