I sent them a message asking about if paint just saves as a bmp, or has other support. This is the reply they sent me...

Microsoft fool wrote:
Hello Daniel,
Thank you for contacting Microsoft Online Customer Service.

I understand from your e-mail that you wish to know if paint can save files in jpg and gif also. I understand the importance of the issue.

As a Customer Service Representative, I can assist you with the support options available with your Microsoft product. However, I have taken the time to look through our self-help web site and found some that may assist you:

Paint also allows us to save the file in jpg and gif. To save the files in jpg or gif format please follow the steps given below:

1. In the paint window go to File menu
2. Click on Save As
3. In the File Name text box type the file name
4. From the Save as type drop down list select image type you want. (Example: jpg/gif/bmp)

Daniel, I hope the above information is helpful. If you have further questions, please contact us.

Thank you for using Microsoft products and services.

Nithin
Microsoft Online Customer Service Representative

My Reply:

Quote:
I already knew that! I need to know why it isn't showing those options. Is there something wrong with the file's set up? My laptop has the same problem as my computer, and I would like to get it fixed. My work computers paint programs do not have this problem.
That's easy. There are several different versions of paint. Just grab the latest one from online or get mspaint.exe from the one that it works on.
Thing is, it worked the first 2 pics, then suddenly those options vanished...
*cough* GIMP *cough*

I dont know why it would just disappear, probably something to do with the color modes... besides, it makes horrible GIFs anyway...
Indeed, it dithers even the 2 basic grays. :/ GIMP++ indeed: it's stable, open-source, and quite powerful.
I only use it because TI-Connect does not store images a gif either, and b&w pics dont really need anything special, that is why I wanted gif in paint.

If I need something as fancy as buttons for a particular website, then I ask Kerm. Very Happy Evil or Very Mad

Edit: I guess I will see about dling and installing gimp... M$ support wants me to contact their tech team, that costs lots of money, so to hell with them...
Worryeth not, I'll get those buttons up some day. Smile Re: GIMP: remember to install GTK first. Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours