Does anyone else here use xfire? I used to use it all of the time when I had a Halo PC clan. Once it died away, I realized that I had no one to talk to on it. I recently made a new screenname (snowpants) so if any of you have it, feel free to add me.

http://www.xfire.com/
I used to use it, but I haven't for a long time.

It is nice if you play alot of games, otherwise its just an OK instant messenger.
I think the niftiest part of that is the signature module that shows number of hours played for week/all time.
KermMartian wrote:
I think the niftiest part of that is the signature module that shows number of hours played for week/all time.

My favorite part was the overlay mode so that you can send/receive messages from ingame without needing to alt-tab
Oooh, that's nifty. I never used XFire, so I didn't know about that, but it's certainly a useful innovation.
Yeah, when you have a comp like mine it takes a while to get out of full screen to message. And AOL's messages pop up which will minimize a game. Xfire shows your messages but still keeps the game window active so you can run to a safe spot before you reply.
Aye, whenever I accidentally unfullscreen Blockland, all kinds of fun, exciting, and annoying changes take place, like windows ending up outside the screen so I have to dualmon in order to get them back.,

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours